My favourite nutrients

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Callawave

AKAW!!
Reaction score
I’d like members to let new growers like myself, (i.e. those that haven’t got ideas set in stone yet) what the pros & cons of different brands of nutrients are.
I’m using Canna Aqua in a re-circulation system for my first grow. What are you guys using?
I’d like to find the most popular nutes used by growers on the forum and why? :farm:

GH 3 part...easy to use, easy to obtain, and cheaper in price.

i use Botanicare Tri-Flex.... they call it a 3-part since there's a Base, Grow, and Bloom formula.... but when mixing you just add the Base and whichever formula you need for the stage you're in.... i've had problems in the past with the GH 3-part formula.... this on is more pricey, but worth it to me....

Fox farm full line. Buy in large containers. Will last along time and bring the price per qt down, drastically. Think when I was at Hydro store, the GH was about the same as Fox farm in bulk.

ditto novellechef...I grow in ff soil also.

will be soon testing GH "organic line-up....couldn't beat that price!

OK guys, remember the newbies.
GH = General Hydroponics
DWC = ? All I’ve got for this is Deep Water Culture. Which I think is an aeroponic growing system.
I’m reading up on the ones mentioned so far. But keep ‘em comin’. :cool2:

pcduck said:
GH 3 part...easy to use, easy to obtain, and cheaper in price.

Ditto....I am loving the GH 3 part...very simple and the results hve bgeen great...

I'm using the Ionic line paired with Green Fuze concentrate. Really expensive but I've seen some incredible results.Black Gold organic soil only. Start with Green fuze root stimulator and B1 2 or 3 days
Fossil Fuel added to every water after.
Start with clones
(Veg 2 weeks)Ionic Grow/Green Fuze Grow Concentrate.
1 week after turn two waters with Bushmaster only
(Flower 8 weeks)Ionic Bloom & Ionic boost/Green Fuze Bloom Concentrate
2 weeks into flower adding Beastie Bloomz
4 weeks from harvest adding Purple Maxx (Snowstorm)
3 weeks from harvest adding Gravity (Hardner)
After adding Purple maxx other nutes cut back by 1/3, when doubled with Gravity, nutes cut back by 1/2

We'll see. My first grow with this lineup and I'm about 5 weeks away from harvest. Stuff is looking really nice. Wish I had a cam to share.

Callawave said:
OK guys, remember the newbies.
GH = General Hydroponics
DWC = ? All I’ve got for this is Deep Water Culture. Which I think is an aeroponic growing system.
I’m reading up on the ones mentioned so far. But keep ‘em comin’. :cool2:

Sorry, you are right--those acronyms can be confusing. DWC is deep water culture, but this is different from aeroponics. DWC consists of a reservoir where the nutrient solution is kept highly oxygenated by means of an air pump and air stone. The roots are partially suspended in this nutrient solution. Aeroponic systems have misters that bathe the roots in a nutrient mist solution on a set schedule.

Like Legalize Freedom, I will be trying General Hydroponic's new organic line of nutrients called General Organics. However, since I also have GH's Flora Nova line of nutes, I am thinking of a GH 3 part, Lucas formula, GH Flora Nova and General Organic side by side comparison...

The Hemp Goddess said:
However, since I also have GH's Flora Nova line of nutes, I am thinking of a GH 3 part, Lucas formula, GH Flora Nova and General Organic side by side comparison...

That sounds interesting THG...

The Hemp Goddess said:
since I also have GH's Flora Nova line of nutes, I am thinking of a GH 3 part, Lucas formula, GH Flora Nova and General Organic side by side comparison...

And hopefully she will be posting a grow journal of the comparison... hint.. hint ...hint...hint...

what are you thinking THG? running 3 clones from the same mother, under same conditions, only using different nute lines for the 3? I really hope you make this avaliable to all of us to see with our own eyes...it would be a sweet experiment!!!:confused:

The Hemp Goddess said:
DWC consists of a reservoir where the nutrient solution is kept highly oxygenated by means of an air pump and air stone. The roots are partially suspended in this nutrient solution. Aeroponic systems have misters that bathe the roots in a nutrient mist solution on a set schedule.
Like Legalize Freedom, I will be trying General Hydroponic's new organic line of nutrients called General Organics. However, since I also have GH's Flora Nova line of nutes, I am thinking of a GH 3 part, Lucas formula, GH Flora Nova and General Organic side by side comparison...
Thanks for the clarification Goddess.
That means I’m growing DWC. I’m oxygenating my sump with a continuous 1800 ltr per hour pump and the roots have grown through the bottom of the pots, along the drain channels and are trailing into the sump. Probably why they’re using about 12 to 14 pints a day.
And WOW! :eek: You threw some I didn’t read about into the mix there.
Did you guys across the pond know that General Hydroponics over here are called GHE? The E standing for Europe. Wonder if that means the nutes are the same make-up as in the States?
Starting to look like General Hydroponics are in the lead. So if wanted to give them a try, I’d need Flora Grow, Flora Bloom, Flora Micro & Ripen. Should that do it? :confused:

when using the GH 3 part, i think it's a good practice to only use the ratio instead of the actual measurements per gallon and let your TDS meter let you know when you have enough nute in your res...JMO...plus it keeps you from under/over ferting your gals.

Callawave said:
You threw some I didn’t read about into the mix there.
Did you guys across the pond know that General Hydroponics over here are called GHE? The E standing for Europe. Wonder if that means the nutes are the same make-up as in the States?
Starting to look like General Hydroponics are in the lead. So if wanted to give them a try, I’d need Flora Grow, Flora Bloom, Flora Micro & Ripen. Should that do it? :confused:
yes and yes...if by ripen you mean koolbloom..i use the 3 part with diamond nectar,floralicious grow/bloom and koolbloom wet/dry..:hubba: my plants loooove it!

Advanced all the way.
I use sensi grow a and b
Connesour (sp?) Lol don't wanna go see how its spelled on the bottle
Bud candy
Rhinoskin
B-52
Big bud
Hammerhead nirvana
And occasionally overdrive. Sure it cost more but I guarentee I make my money back on yield increase bag appeal and aroma. That's just my .02

PUFF MONKEY said:
if by ripen you mean koolbloom.
Funny enough I saw this at my local hydro shop, but couldn't find it on GHE's web-site. :confused:

Ripen.jpg

erkelsgoo420 said:
Advanced all the way.
I use sensi grow a and b
Connesour (sp?) Lol don't wanna go see how its spelled on the bottle
Bud candy
Rhinoskin
B-52
Big bud
Hammerhead nirvana
And occasionally overdrive. Sure it cost more but I guarentee I make my money back on yield increase bag appeal and aroma. That's just my .02
Oh God! Another two hours trawling the net looking this lot up. :D

Its a solid lineup that will leave ur plants happier than ever imo. Though all of that is not needed I would definetly say connesour
Bud candy
Pirhanna
B-52
Big bud
I'm revising my setup to incorporate it to basicall just that. They're one of the few out the who will admit they tailor make their nutes for cannabis. Though many people will argue it much like any other topic based on growing lol. I can tell u after 30+ years I've used a lot of stuff and nothing has come close to this. I'm a ghtwad so the fact that ill buy it repeatedly should say at least a little for it.

They should be payin me.

nutes are pretty much nutes.. you just gotta learn the brand your using..GH is a great beginer as well as pro formula...it's the stuff they use on the space station...seriously..i don't know about the other brands as i have not used them but i can tell you that my first hydro grow was done with GH with no problem and so is my current grow.

Latest posts

Back