My First Clone Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hay puffmonkey is that a phototron ,,,,,,

yup...sure is..with a few modifications..making a steam injector now:D

i thought so ,,,had one back in the 90's,,,p,l,r

rasta said:
hay puffmonkey is that a phototron ,,,,,,

I was going to ask the same question...I haven't seen one of those for years.

Puff Monkey, are you using this just for cloning or are you going to do a grow in it?

A steam injector??????? What for?

The Hemp Goddess said:
I was going to ask the same question...I haven't seen one of those for years.

Puff Monkey, are you using this just for cloning or are you going to do a grow in it?

A steam injector??????? What for?
since i am only gonna clone in it i figured the humidity levels should be higher than they are..even with the heat and water inside the humidity has not exceeded 46%.i'm actually making an exhaust fan for the top complete with RPM control right now so that shold even things out when i add the steam and the temp starts to climb. i also gather that the added moiture will help against wilting early on. i'll post pics after i'm done on this thread;)

Hey mutt a phototron was a grow chamber ,,,paid about 400 for mine ,,great for vegging,,,not so great for budding,,,,,if I remember correctly it had some strange watering system,,,had to keep the plants moist 23 hours a day and dry 1 hour a day ,,,it was one of those live and learn things ,,,,it was octagon shaped with flos in each corner and for an extra 40 bucks they gave you a flo to hang in the middle ,,,never got any real results out of mine ,may be if you hung a HID in the middle,,,good luck with yours monkey,,,,p,l,r

how deep should the water in the tub be ????? does it make a differece ????

.."I" like to wait untill it has all been absorbed, then add about 1/2 inch. Let that be used, add again.

well it seems that only the cuttings i took from the sativa are wanting to survive..whats up with that ????

Sweet chamber Puff...I wish i had one of the more up-to-date Phototrons like that...Ya got some nice strains goin now??

the phototron is an older one that i moded .....i kinda forgot about the clones....they rooted but i had turned the lights off cause i needed to focus on my main grow..but now i know how to do it....man i wish i would have cloned the plants i'm growing now....they're amazing..

The perlite sounds like a very good method to use...What do you think about adding a touch of "P" nutrient to the solution to promote root growth? Would it be too much? Thanks for all of the good info...

So ya still got the Phototron running??? i'd completely forgot you had that Puff...

heck i thought it was an octagon shaped aquarium.bet thats what hick was thinking.got one here i use for just a few clones.lol

Looks good Puff... How do you check for root growth though? Isn't it going to be counterproductive to be digging the clones up to check them every few days?

As a newb, I was thinking it might be a better option to go with a clone bubbler, or small rockwool cubes. That way any root growth is clearly evident without having to mess with the clones too much.

I'm interested to see your humidifier contraption. I wonder if it could be adapted for an aeroponic cloning system?

thats what the clear cups are for;) ...all these clones are dead..i planted a few in the back yard but i thought the land lord might come by and see them so i pulled em'..i'm building 3 new grow rooms now and i'll be cloning again soon..provided i have a strain worth keeping around

Latest posts

Back