My First Clone Attempt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Puff man you say all those clones dead :( ? Wow man Thats bad Id going the water way and maybe supertrhive under a plastic box thing Please say if you want more info but I always had 100% success....You take those from flowing ladys?

Not to disagree but clone direct in soil me think bad idea unless you have loads to play with....get some jars put some plastic over top slit a bit then can put clones in also trim the clones a bit so no large leafs (They need the energy more to make roots them keep the leafs alive)....just the top ones ;) Anyway give a try and make sure the water has been sitting over 24hours then change maybe 1/2 with new 24 hour water ;) Sure ya get some roots.....Then its just to plant that baby ;)

Peace

"Not to disagree but clone direct in soil me think bad idea unless you have loads to play with"

Soil is probably fine, for someone like Hick who knows exactly what they are doing. Hydro or aero cloning seems to me, to be a little more controllable and a little more fool-proof.

everything i cut rooted..i just did'nt have time or energy to maintain the clone tank....but now i have a much bigger "grow lab" so i'll be cloning the next good plant i grow

IMO Clone after sexing not after 12/12 ;) you can clone in 12/12 but takes longer to veg back and the first leaves get all strange ......

:confused: Who are they kidding?:rofl:
looks like silver tinsel to me

Reflective Soil Mulch

Price: $12.97
Product ID: 2011

Plastic covering which reflects light toward plants, while keeping the sphagnum medium from absorbing light energy. During seedling growth light falling on the bottom of the unit is reflected directly back to the plant surface to pro

2011-1-01-Small.jpg

Hah, hilarious. Just line the bottom with silver christmas tree ornaments.

Dexter said:
Hick, Do you get any algae growing in those clear cups? I get it sometimes (on the inside) with the white ones.

Damn there still selling Phototrons. Bloody expen$ive though
http://www.phototron.com/catalog/phototrons.html

Dexter
yep Dexter I have had algae with the clear cups, but I've had it with opaque pots too. (on top of the soil) "IMHO".. the key to cloning in soil is plenty of perlite, and patience... in fact, I have pretty much switched over t 100% perlite as a rooting medium, and opaque 4" pots.
By emersing the pots in a bucket of water, the perlite will float free, nd you can readily see root production/advancement. If there are substantial roots, move it to the growing medium of your choice. If there are not substantial roots, just lift the cup out of the water, perlite re-establishes itself around the cutting, and you give it another week.. :)

Latest posts

Back