My giant Hermie, 6th week in flower

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richy-B

Reaction score
Just like the title says, here's a pic of my giant hermie. It is only in it's 6th week of flowering! What do you think? I'm still wondering when and if this hermie will have seeds. It should correct? It has both sex organs and the male flowers are not sterile they are packed with pollen.:mad: Do the male flowers(banana's) push their way out or if they stay in with the bud? Anybody had alot of experience with a hermie?

6th flowering week 001.jpg

6th flowering week 002.jpg

6th flowering week 003.jpg

6th flowering week 004.jpg

6th flowering week 005.jpg

I can't say for sure but she looks heavily seeded to me. Unfortunately all those seeds will probably be no good so you'll have to chuck them. You went this far, I guess the best bet would be to let her go another week or so and then chop her down. Better luck next grow. Even though she is a hermi, looks like you did a great job of growing her. I am sure you will have better luck next time.

TGT

Go ahead, you say to prevent unwanted seeds? The thricomes on the under side of the buds are gorgious and she is developing fat calax's on tips of her buds still. But your probably correct, don't want a crap load of seeds. And since the thricomes are cloudy at least it's better than amber thricomes with a crap load of seeds correct?

New pics of some of the buds on my giant hermie that's 6 and a half weeks into flowering! That's it. These pics don't show the two giant colas that make this hermie spectacular but you can still see some of the other fine buds this hermie has produced!;)

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 001.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 002.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 003.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 004.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 005.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 006.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 007.jpg

6andhalf flowering week bud pics 008.jpg

nice plant man good job overall on growing it just wish it wasnt hermie but hey thats how the cookie crumbles i guess still should be good smoke enjoy

Did you see the pics at the begining of that thread? The big cola pics?

any close ups of how you ID'd this plant to be hermie..

Well, if you look at the pics good enough you will see the male flowers/bananas.(yellow) popping out of buds! The pics at the beginning of the thread show better pics as well! But, all the pollen that has fell on leaves, not to mention all the balls I picked off it's whole flowering stage, is a pretty good indicator it's a hermie. Is that the answer you were looking for?

My seeds are just now starting to show up, I'd say four days ago. And my trichomes are cloudy with a few amber. My question is, "what trichomes do I need to check, the calyxes in the middle of my giant colas?" Those still have some time to turn amber but here's the thing. They don't all have to be amber even though I prefer the good ol' narcotic High! But I would rather have seedy good weed(mature) than seedless bad weed(not mature). So when is the proper time for this balance?
Any experienced hermie grower comments much appreciated, as well as anybody else's comments.

sorry buddy, I like my girls pure.... haha

looks good man. Just cus "she" turned into an "IT" aint no biggie. Id rather have my one plant turn hermie rather than male... atleast you get bud

I'm excited as hell!:D I'm pulling my giant hermie tonight!:cool: Any suggestions? ;) Should I wait for the light to cut on first? And if so how long after that? :fid:

hey B whats up bro nice Hermie bro as for the seeds in it i would consider to maybe keeping them only for the fact that i saw someone grow a Hermie seed and man that plant was awesome bro nice and purple with no seeds at all matter of fact it was TBGs grow here's a link check it out its page 24 post 477 check that baby out bro will be waiting for a smoke report bro peace

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3620&page=24
page 24 post 477 peace

Thanks! I have never seen that post. It's amazing and I never new that. I'll be reading and studying this for a while now.

Wow, how tall is that plant and what size pot did you use?

3 1/2 feet tall. I only used a like 1/2 gallon pot! I thought I was going to have to harvest it early do to what I thought was a female growing before it, but it ended up being male so I chopped him and let her just keep growing till it was ready.(turned hermie) Put it this way the top of the plant were too top heavy because the root system didn't get a chance to spread out(too small of a pot)But I think it is a fine hermie myself! I read they give off feminized seeds! That is even better!

I've been watching this grow from the beginning.
Even though it was a hermie.
That was one very well taken care of plant. Great harvest dude. :aok:
Nice model showing off the "it" as well :hubba:

:cool: Thanks man! That really means alot to me coming from you dude.:cool: I'm proud of myself as well.:D And yeah I thought it would be a nice touch adding a nice female body modeling some Buds! That's the trick to making alot of things look good! Ha, Ha.

BUD and SEX sells!!!!!!!!!!!!!:holysheep:

Latest posts

Back