My girls are showing stress. Help.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sinisterhand

Shut up and drive.
Reaction score
I am growing Purple Kush under a 1000 hps in Fox Farm soil. The room is a constant 60 degrees, humidity is 40% and I feed at Ph between 5.8 and 6.2. I use a combination of Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro, overdrive, Grow, Revive and Open sesame, Beastie bloomz, Cha ching and Dr Earth's Bloom. I feed at 750 ppm. I am running 12/12. I do foliar feed often with Revive at 300 ppm and a Ph of 6.0. We are in the third week of flowering. A couple of leaves on a few plants have this condition on or near the tips (see pic), otherwise they are lush green and beautiful. Any suggestions?

sick.jpg

Raise your temps for sure, I like 75-78f and up the PH too, around 6.5-7.0

why soooooooo many diff nutes?

I have been playing with nutes for a while. I lift weights as a hobbies. One of the best techniques is to change up your routine and although you always need a set amount of protein it's a good idea to change your source, fish, chicken, beef, protein shakes, beans and so on. So I apply the same program to my other favorite hobby. I alway feed at 750 ppm and Ph between 5.8 and 6.2. My plants have always been healthy, green and lush. This is my first run with pk and it is the only strain showing this condition in a closet of five strains.

I think you have a bit of nute burn..I keep my ph at 6.5 in soil I have grown pk this way succesfully feeding once a week. good luck~

I also run cooler temps to encourage more purples in my flowers. People like to see lots of purple in their medication.

Nute burn at 750 ppm? Ok, I'll check that possibility out.

60 is fine for lights out, but I would not let healthy growth suffer to get a color in my weed. If you want purple that bad, buy something that is geneticly purple. Health for the sake of color is ubsurd. MJ grows best in temps in the low to mid 70's

Sinisterhand,

I'm aware of the technique your talking about in regards to weight lifting. This is more due to our bodies ability to develop a cycle and the shock of changing things up forces our metabolism to work in a more diverse manner.

Plants want smooth, gradual transition - unlike humans in your weight training scenario. Any spikes or unusual changes in application can frequently lead to over abundance in one nute over the other.

You've got some good advice above. Raising the temp alone could increase absorption of P for example - which your plant very well could be def. in or Calcium. Both items which will be more available in a slightly higher pH also, considering your medium. best of luck

OK I knew I should have added this in the beginning. I made up my own feeding system. During flowering I mix up three batches of nutes. The mixture is around 7000 ppm at a Ph of 7.8 or more. The base of this mixture is one cup of Dr Earth steeped in 4 gallons of water and aerated for a week. Then I add the nutes that are required for whichever trimester I am in. The recipe I am using currently is week one, as seen below.

Week one: my base plus 16 tsp of AN Bloom, 16 tsp of micro, 16 tsp of grow, 4 tsp of open sesame, 5 tsp of AN Overdrive and 10 tsp of AN Revive. Then I bring the container up to a full 5 gallons and aerate it for the entire trimester it is being use for.
I have a 5 gallon bottle I use to mix my nute concoction and water in so I can adjust it to 750 ppm and Ph it. Then I aerate that bottle for 24 hours to evaporate the chlorine and double, triple and quad check the Ph and ppm level before feeding. I feed when my girls are on the verge of bone dry. I double feed. the first time I feed until I see liquid come out of the bottom, then I go back a hour or so later and do the same. Usually this works out to be once a week.
I do the same the second and third trimester of flowering with different recipes. When I say trimester it applies to my three part feeding system built on the Fox farm Open sesame, Beastie bloomz and Cha ching system.

rr.jpg

tt.jpg

The weight lifting comparison was more to show the need to diversify my sources of protein for maximum growth. I figured the same would apply for plants. My understanding of plant nutrients is not polished by any means. So is for instance nitrogen just nitrogen or are their different forms of nitrogen? I know their are many forms of vitamin B, all are important in their own way. So I applied that to nutes for my girls.

Raising the temp alone could increase absorption of P for example - which your plant very well could be def. in or Calcium. Both items which will be more available in a slightly higher pH also
:D... the purple can be signs of P lockout/defficiency also

Perhaps Purple Kush is more nute sensitive than the other strains you are growing? If the others are fine, you should try backing down your PPM's for her and see what reaction you get.

No offense meant, but you are seriously cheating yourself in yield by maintaining such low temperatures. You're forcing purple through deficiency, nothing more. And typically it will only manifest in the leaves, not in the flowers.

Temperature plays a critical role in the rate of photosynthesis. More so with the light independent reactions than the light dependent reactions- but critical nonetheless.

Google photosynthesis and temperature. There are studies that show as much as a 50% reduction in photosynthesis in lowered temperatures.

Again- no offense meant. Good luck with the PK!

No offense taken. I perfer to hear all the info people have to pass on. I can adjust the temp to mid 70's during lights on. I will tweak some things and see what happens.

Good luck to you.

Sounds like some very cool things you got going on.

Thank you for all your support. I am still looking for a possible definicy that would cause this condition. I have made the necessary adjustments to my lights on temp, it should be 70 to 75.

Sinisterhand said:
I use a combination of Advanced Nutrients Bloom, Micro, overdrive, Grow, Revive and Open sesame, Beastie bloomz, Cha ching and Dr Earth's Bloom. Any suggestions?

I think that's your problem, way too much shtuff, impossible for anyone to narrow it down with so many variables.

Keep it simple, that stuff was made to drain your wallet Cha ching!

:)

Sinisterhand,
Is that Ocean Forest or Light Warrior??

:)
Gb

remove chlorine b4 bubbling teas. looks to be a P def as pointed out couple times. ditch the revive in flower, its all N. if you want to green em up use a cal/mg in flower, but only in early flower as you dont want bud rot. if you want to play w/ temps to bring out purps do it in last couple of weeks b4 harvest. raise your ph cause what you have is a good hydro number.

Latest posts

Back