My mutated super babies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MergeLeft

I feel better already!
Reaction score
Ok they're only normal mj plants but momma luvs them. I have been going on my first grow for awhile now, and I have been posting pictures in various threads & in the Gallery. I have a grow cabinet with a side for vegging & halide side for bloom, mostly in DWC, but I tried some in soil, so they're in there too.

I've never grown anything in hydro before- gotta be something great about it bcuz some seedlings of the same strain, same age were stuck 1 in soil, 1 in hydro and the hydro babies win.

Anyhow here are some more pics.:woohoo:

Roots.jpg

SideShot2.jpg

Ruler.jpg

Blloom1Rx.jpg

Health.jpg

Compare2.jpg

1ofaKind.jpg

Nice n green, very healthy looking :aok:

WOW, your plants really look good, girl! I can not wait to hear your smoke report! How far along are your flowering plants?

Question...How is the odor so far? Do you use a carbon filter or any other odor eating thingy?

i have the same system i think...bc northern lights
i just bought mine second hand and i am doing my first grow. took a while to work out some kinks but my planets are going crazy now...

Hey Basketball, was it your post I saw waaay back inhere somewhere before I bought this system- it just had the website photo.

The odor control is a metal canister filled with carbon & cocoa fiber, fits on 2 screws mounted over the main exhaust. Only complaint so far about this system is that the filter costs $109 to replace, and I wish it were refillable. I'm gonna see if I can force it to be! :hitchair:

Here are some pics from today without the halide on.

Bloom10.16.jpg

Sati06.16.jpg

SideVu.jpg

Sweet! It is hard to tell how big your girls are but they look very good!

ODOR...So the filter seems to be doing it's job right now? If so, I am happy to hear that! As I have said before, you are a veg cycle ahead of me and I am sweating the odor I may run into...I have a carbon filter that I bought brand new and have yet to take it out of the plastic. I will install it into my ventalation system when the time comes, I figured there is no sense using it until it is odor I want to filter. My filter is roughly 17" in diameter and about 35" long, filled with 40lbs of carbon pellets...It is made to hook up to my 6' vortex fan. I hope this will be enough to control the odor for 8 plants in full flower?

Yes, these filters are expensive too, I paid nearly $200 in all including shipping...I have been told they are only good for about a year or 2-3 grows!

Can't wait to hear your smoke report...I will be sure to have a bib handy! :)

Viracocha711 said:
Sweet! It is hard to tell how big your girls are but they look very good!

Thank V! There is a ruler (orang/pink) next to my biggest plant in the 3d photo to the R- I'm keeping them short bcuz they can only get so tall in there. But that plant is honest to gosh 3' across tip of leaf to tip of leaf, and branching thick & plenty.

I'll post more pics when I change the hydro on Monday.

Early smoke report :giggle: my husband, over my advice, insisted on smoking the topped-off tops. He's a low-tolerance smiker, but he said it did nuthin 4 him. That's the adaptation that keeps these plants growing long enough to reproduce. YAY evolution!

i must say that the ladies have the green thumb. great job cant wait to see the finish product good luck. latter

MergeLeft said:
The odor control is a metal canister filled with carbon & cocoa fiber, fits on 2 screws mounted over the main exhaust. Only complaint so far about this system is that the filter costs $109 to replace, and I wish it were refillable. I'm gonna see if I can force it to be!

My flightsuit is at the dry cleaners, but I'm posting the banner anyway!

The filter worked great initially but these are some odiferous herbs & the smell was leaking, so I took the filter off, and was ready to saw a hole in it, then use duct tape to put it back together. Things worked out better than that.

It's a metal canister, pic below. I've spent enuf already, so I found the square-head screwdriver that fit in my husband's bottomless tool collection. Took off the top, and inside, it's a perforated metal cylinder in side another of the same. Inside was compressed activated charcoal, same stuff that I use in my aquarium canisters.

Dumped the old stuff out, refilled and put the lid back on. Total cost about $15 I would guess. I guess all the DIY members here have taught me a thing or too.

More pics tomorrow. The plants are at least 3 inches taller than they were in the ruler shot and branching out & up like crazy.:farm:

Filter.jpg

Cool, so the canister is working again?...I wonder if you could modify the box to except a larger filter? How long, in terms of weeks, months, did the original carbon filter work?

BTW- Sorry I did not see thew ruler! I was to busy drooling over the plant. :)

Since I last posted, I sexed the plants that were put into flower b/t June 10-15. 2 were M but :headbang2: the two biggest, Greenhouse The Doctor & Big Bang, were F (as were the ones in soil & the back- still waiting on the Sativa) and they are sending up some many noded branches right through the canopy.

I replaced the bad boys with plants still going in the veg side of the box, and cut aspiring clones from one of the soil potted plants. The hydro plants are just so much bigger & healthier than their soil sibs. I'm sold on hydro now.

To make the size easier to see, the red dots mark the base, up one = 1'
up 2 = 2'. The gloved finger is pointing at the center of the topview on the center plant in the chamber. Another shot has the pink plastic ruler.

Got my tank of CO2 at the brewshop & I'm gonna set that up today.

Note on the carbon filter: only lasted a month, which has me thinking I should look into another method. Gonna read up in here on ozone, etc. Truth told, the smellier they get, the less thrilled I am with this method.

2center.jpg

3topo.jpg

withruler.jpg

1.jpg

Thanks Bombudpuffa and Runbyhemp- I've seen your posts, and coming from you, the :aok: is especially appreciated!

The oldest plants, Greenhouse The Doctor & Big Bang, went into flower June 7 & are budding up fast & furiously.The dark green buds are Mandala Sadhu, in soil, went in on June 12.There are 3 Sativa are pure Sativa, but that's all I know.

One shot has pool balls to show the base, 1' 2' & 3' marks.

Sorry, 1 shot of the overall cab is a duplicate.

aBudCanop.jpg

aBudinHand.jpg

aBudsGreen1.jpg

afullcab.jpg

aHowTall.jpg

aTrunkVu2.jpg

aSadhuBuds.jpg

aSativa.jpg

aBoxWk4.jpg

Looking Good!

I can't wait to see how they all turn out...Especially the Mandala Sadhu!

Viracocha711 said:
Looking Good!

I can't wait to see how they all turn out...Especially the Mandala Sadhu!

Some more pics of this strain. The one in soil has been in flower now for 2 weeks; it could use a bigger pot, but I don't have the room. The baby buds are on that plant. I just moved another from where it has been vegging 6 weeks into flower. Don't know if it's F or not.

This strain has a really unusual dark green color, which I think shows up in these pics.

aSadhuSilhouette.jpg

aSadhuTopVu.jpg

aSadhuSideTop.jpg

aSadhuHydro10wks.jpg

Cool...Do you ever wish you could hit "Fast Forward" on your plants growth?

I am always wishing I could with my plants and now I have the same feeling with yours! LOL!

Latest posts

Back