My setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kb435

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to growing and am currently on my first bud cycle a few weeks in. I have an alkaline problem but buried galvanized nails to hopefully bring down the ph and stop what appears to me as a zinc problem. I currently run a pro grow 550 led from hydro hut things a beast in a 4x4 tent where temps avg 78 and humidity in the 60% range. I am growing organic with 3 blackjack seeds from nirvana 1 cherry bomb and white rhino from Dutch seeds.

:rofl:

Where did ya read...
buried galvanized nails to hopefully bring down the ph and stop what appears to me as a zinc problem.

:stoned:

I'm with 4U. Why do you believe that burying galvanized nails will do anything for your pH or provide zinc to your plant?

Welcome to MP...you might want to peruse the stickies and grow guide. Burying nails? If you need to adjust your ph you should do that with ph up or down and not nails. Jmo

Gardners do bury nails to adjust ph....... my grandmother said so...... and so do others......
hxxp://www.gardenguides.com/130637-hydrangeas-rusty-nails.html

hxxp://voices.yahoo.com/a-beginners-guide-soil-ph-6458948.html

Grower13 said:
Gardners do bury nails to adjust ph....... my grandmother said so...... and so do others......
hxxp://www.gardenguides.com/130637-hydrangeas-rusty-nails.html

hxxp://voices.yahoo.com/a-beginners-guide-soil-ph-6458948.html

Yeah I will stick to ph up and down...we as MJ growers don't check the ph of our soil we check the ph of what we put into it. So how does the buried nail help again?

Rusty nails or not, WELCOME!!! I agree with the Rev. and sometimes I check my soil with a 12" ph probe.

Hamster Lewis said:
Yeah I will stick to ph up and down...we as MJ growers don't check the ph of our soil we check the ph of what we put into it. So how does the buried nail help again?

me too........ lol....... I almost forgot....... welcome to here.
:48:

Well I think I read the nails in Ed rosenthals book but may have been from the rev or Greg greens. I did it for what I think is a zinc problem but I was trying to say that it may have been from my ph locking it out because I do test my soil unlike one smarty pant in here and it was reading alkaline so I dropped my water ph with an organic fertilizer and added the nails since It didn't have any zinc in it which is what I thought the problem was/is.

Well except ole white rhino he's been renamed wounded white rhino lol.

Ohh and to ph up and down guy not a desired thing to do with tlo growing.

And reference.
"You shouldn’t worry too much about your water pH and we don’t recommend pH adjustment of water for soil/compost plants. Many soil growers still make the mistake of adjusting their pH when growing in soil but there really is no need – you could even be damaging your plant and its potential yield. The nutrient availability pH range is much wider in this organic environment than in hydroponics and the introduction of acidic pH adjusting liquids into these environments is neither necessary or desirable". that is a quote ive taken from another forum so take with a grain of salt. Like I said my first grow and still have many years to learn what works and what doesn't.

hey KB.

galvanized nails will not rust but is not needed.

please transplant every plant. remove nails. start fresh.

add one cup of dolomite lime per 3 cu ft of medium to soil mix. adment with organic compost (high quality0 mushroom compst worm castings and perlite.

do not reference any grow guides other than the ones on here.

ASK a question if u cant find the answer.....

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH

you have GENERATIONS OF INFO HERE....use it wisely.

That's what I'm trying to avoid I broke my neck a few weeks back and that would be hell on me at this moment. However I'm in the fourth week of bud, is that a good idea anyways? Just the stress from that alone is worse than riding out the cycle? I mean its gonna take weeks just to get the root systems back to where they are isn't it? I have clones and just planned on pushing this thru as a first run.

Btw I only stabbed a few nails in any ways kind of like a spike the roots could use as they need I didn't sprinkle a little dirt on a bucket of nails. I'm already seeing my BJ fan leaves returning the color in between the veins and there reaching up so can't say I'm going to do it on that one but ole wounded isn't looking to hot and may just be that time a week ago. Damn neck shoulda been wearing a leatt...

i believe that is the point of using galvanized nails. anything galvanized will not rust. as far as it treating zinc def. this is the first i've ever heard of it. if your growing tlo you shouldn't have any need to ph anything. if you do, then you've built your containers wrong. tlo is all about building a balanced soil in order to negate the need to ever ph anything.

I have heard of adding galvanized nails, but they take a long time to break down and are hard on your feet when walking through your garden bed.

i didnt realize you were that far into flower.

i guess you can let it ride and dont do it again.

just worry about keeping your ph proper.

Latest posts

Back