N00b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elven

420 Jedi
Reaction score
Hello all, I am just looking into my attempt to grow my own. Looking to create an indoor hydro system for my own use. I am reading as much as I can before I even start to plan, to prevent me from being annoying by asking repeats. Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction, and apologies in advance if my sense of humor offends. :D

Always fun starting a new hobby. ;) GL with your research and have fun in the forums!

welcome Elven...Great to hear someone willing to be a student and does their research..your yields will show it..I am a soil farmer and cant help much when it comes to hydro. but there are Lots of Great Hydro growers here and when you are ready start a grow journal and lets get growing...good luck to you and your new Hobby..

welcome. lots of great info here and memebers ready to help in any way they can. enjoy

Due to the nature of my allotted space I am designing a custom enclosure. I have about a 5x3' area. I am looking to have a dual system with a 2x3' side for vegetative growth and a 3x3' for flowering. I am going to cover the walls with Mylar and cut up a reflective car screen to put over the grow pots and between the stalks. I am looking to keep 8 vegetative + 2 mothers on the one side, and 8 in the flowering. I think that my max plant height could be 4' if I build it correctly. I am hooking a filter/fan system to my exhaust duct for my furnace (don't use it that often + its a good design I think) the only two areas that I am not feeling like I am reasonably sure that I am not shooting myself in the foot is grow method and lighting. After reading the intro how to I am leaning towards the smaller holmes depot HPS one for each side(see heat issues below) with a 12/12 for flowering and 24/7 for vegetative. Due to the fact that I live in such a hot climate (think Tijuana) and my cab has to be in the garage for security reasons. I am also leaning towards aeroponics since the moving water should reduce the temp in the cab and hopefully keep alge from the roots, warm water and all that jazz. is it helpful to put an air stone in the reservoir? Or does the spraying put enough O2 in the water? If anyone is stoned enough to read that long *** cry for help, and feel like pointing out my flaws please feel free to give me any criticism (its all I am used to :cry: oh wait :bong: now the scary feelings have gone for now) there is a hydro store about 20 miles away just havent gone out there yet. Again thanks in adavnce for any opinions.:D

Hello Elven..Whats the purpose behind the car screen in between the stalks?...those HPS at home depot are great..Im not sure the lumes output on them...you did read about the min needed 3k.per sq ft .but 5k is what I shoot for..as far as heat goes..Ive seen people here use co2 to bring temps down..but is an expence I dont what no part of..I would say get yourself some good ventilation going and you will be fine..be sure to test run the setup for a week to see how things work..bagseed is good to beggin with..whatstrain are you looking to grow..Have not seen much on airponics here..there are a few thresds out there tho..your vents going into furnace will send the smells into other rooms.are we worried about that?..on the intake fresh air suply be sure to bring that in from outside of home not just garage..I also run my lights at night time when outside temps are lower..now there I have worked my HIGH off and now need to smoke..take care , besafe, and KEEP M GREEN:D

Elven said:
Due to the nature of my allotted space I am designing a custom enclosure. I have about a 5x3' area. I am looking to have a dual system with a 2x3' side for vegetative growth and a 3x3' for flowering. I am going to cover the walls with Mylar and cut up a reflective car screen to put over the grow pots and between the stalks. I am looking to keep 8 vegetative + 2 mothers on the one side, and 8 in the flowering. I think that my max plant height could be 4' if I build it correctly. I am hooking a filter/fan system to my exhaust duct for my furnace (don't use it that often + its a good design I think) the only two areas that I am not feeling like I am reasonably sure that I am not shooting myself in the foot is grow method and lighting. After reading the intro how to I am leaning towards the smaller holmes depot HPS one for each side(see heat issues below) with a 12/12 for flowering and 24/7 for vegetative. Due to the fact that I live in such a hot climate (think Tijuana) and my cab has to be in the garage for security reasons. I am also leaning towards aeroponics since the moving water should reduce the temp in the cab and hopefully keep alge from the roots, warm water and all that jazz. is it helpful to put an air stone in the reservoir? Or does the spraying put enough O2 in the water? If anyone is stoned enough to read that long *** cry for help, and feel like pointing out my flaws please feel free to give me any criticism (its all I am used to :cry: oh wait :bong: now the scary feelings have gone for now) there is a hydro store about 20 miles away just havent gone out there yet. Again thanks in adavnce for any opinions.:D

OK the sun screens are going to cover the grow medium keeping light from the roots and reflecting any light back towards foliage. as for the vent I didnt mean the actual vents for the heat. I mean the vent for the gas that is burned in the furnace. that way the filtered air is shot out the top of the house and will prob not leave a hint near my house. As for what strain I am not sure yet. looking at using clones, a few friends of mine grow and have a few choices. for the first grow I am thinking of using 3 different strains and then seeing what I like more. keeping two and growing like 4 each per cycle. after looking at the lights I don't think they are going to work. they are only 6k lumen each. on the flowering side I would need between 5 and 8 of them on the one side. i keep thinking that 9sf would be small for SOG, but the more I look into my requirements I should have a nice little cab when I am done. I am going to do a full photo journal when i build, its going to be a very secure build. :hubba::hubba:

4u2smoke said:
Hello Elven..Whats the purpose behind the car screen in between the stalks?...those HPS at home depot are great..Im not sure the lumes output on them...you did read about the min needed 3k.per sq ft .but 5k is what I shoot for..as far as heat goes..Ive seen people here use co2 to bring temps down..but is an expence I dont what no part of..I would say get yourself some good ventilation going and you will be fine..be sure to test run the setup for a week to see how things work..bagseed is good to beggin with..whatstrain are you looking to grow..Have not seen much on airponics here..there are a few thresds out there tho..your vents going into furnace will send the smells into other rooms.are we worried about that?..on the intake fresh air suply be sure to bring that in from outside of home not just garage..I also run my lights at night time when outside temps are lower..now there I have worked my HIGH off and now need to smoke..take care , besafe, and KEEP M GREEN:D

okay my friend...lets get growing all ready...you been here long enough now...throw some beans in and get this party started..Keep us posted..you all ready sound like a seasoned grower...Good luck

Latest posts

Back