Nederlands

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kindphriend

El petardo fumado
Reaction score
I would like to offer some advise to those of you who travel to Amsterdam in search of some of the dankest buds on the planet. I lived in Arnhem for a year and spent alot of time not only in Amsterdam, but Den Haag, Den Bosch, Utrecht, Nijmegen, Maastricht, Eindhoven, and Breda. The Netherlands is a country that has ALOT to offer and there are coffeeshops EVERYWHERE! Not only in Amsterdam. In fact after living there for a few months I realized that some of the better nuggets were in some of the smaller cities in the Netherlands. Amsterdam is VERY touristy and for that reason they jack up prices and the quality is lower. The majority of the smoke in coffeeshops comes from growers outside the city that grow hydroponics with chemical ferts much like a factory. To be honest, the best smoke I have ever tried came from growers like yourself. This is because they used soil, organics, and a lot of love to grow. In the Netherlands most of the buds are grown quickly and cheaply in order to maximize profit for the shops and the grower, this has an effect on the quality. However, if you go to some of the smaller cities outside of Amsterdam then you have a better change of finding some well-grown buds. I have been to many coffeshops in Amsterdam (Abraxas, the Dampkring, Bluebird, the Bulldog, Grasshopper, Grey Area, and De various Rokerijs) They all have a great selection of buds and hash. the genetics are great, but I could never find that mouthwatering great tasting sweet weed that I wanted. All the nugs were smooth to smoke and got you ridiculously high, but I was always looking for that sweet soil organic taste and could never find it. I fact that coffeeshops are businesses is why, cut costs and increase prices to maximize profit. Anyone that has lived or lives in the netherlands want to chime in?

How much is an average hotel for a night? Ive been wanting to go for 2 years now. A flight is around 700US. How much did they sell 1 gram for in the coffeeshops? Any info you can give would help.

Later:cool:

I just think it is sad that the the biggest reason people go to such a beautiful place is to get messed up and totally ignore the beauty around them. I have seen so many pictures of that area and it seems like a really interesting place to visit outside of the commercialized coffee shops.

when i was a kid i lived in Germany but Holland was literally a 5 minute walk past the military base. Used to love going to Centre Parcs as the first thing you see was a picture of the sauna steam room and there right in your face is 2 naked girls and 2 naked guys, showing all, sitting in the sauna steam room picture. Everytime! they didnt think to change it, kids were seeing it :-o

as far as amsterdam goes, i have heard its a good idea to go to some of the surrounding cities for better cafes. 700 bucks! wow, from where we are, it costs the equivalent of $50 to get a 1 hour flight to amsterdam. Crazy eh?

You could fly up there and fly back in a day and it would cost just about as much as if you were to drive up there with food and gas and supplies all accounted for.

That is damn nice!

noodles said:
How much is an average hotel for a night? Ive been wanting to go for 2 years now. A flight is around 700US. How much did they sell 1 gram for in the coffeeshops? Any info you can give would help.

You can stay in a hostel for really cheap I would say 15-20 euros a night for a hostel. A Hotel, I would say around 50 euros for something crappy. 1 gram in a coffeeshop depends alot on the type of nuggets and where you buy. Where I lived in the Netherlands for 10 euros I got either 5 grams of Super Skunk or about 3 grams of WW.....if my memory serves. But in Amsterdam you might pay up to 20 for the same amount depending on where you go. However, it was about 2 years ago and keep in mind....i was stoned out of my mind pretty much the whole year I was there, so my memory is horrible.

pussum said:
I just think it is sad that the the biggest reason people go to such a beautiful place is to get messed up and totally ignore the beauty around them. I have seen so many pictures of that area and it seems like a really interesting place to visit outside of the commercialized coffee shops.

yeah, the netherlands are really nice! Don´t get me wrong I spent ALOT of time in the coffeeshops, but also I went to the tulip museum in the south, saw some smaller towns and when to house parties there (house parties are not the same as in the states, your talking about 20-30 thousand people in an Expo center with more drugs than people to consume them. INQONTROL 2004!!!!!! What an experience!!!! Also I would recommend going to Carnivaal in the south of the Netherlands.....4 days of drinking, drugs, sex and costumed fun! Really there is SOOOOOO much to do in the Netherlands, I wouldn´t waste all my time there in a coffeeshop gettin stoned. You can go there, buy your supplies, get on a train, rent a bike and travel the countryside or walk through some authentic Dutch town, eat some of the delicious cheese they have there, have a frikendell and kroket, some herring with onions....mmmmmm......and then go to another coffeeshop wherever you are! Explore!

So are you saying im going to get chopped and tortured if Im american. Or did you mean hotel. Is hostel another name for a hotel?

Latest posts

Back