need advice on redesign of room

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

warfish

Random title
Reaction score
Hello again all :)
I am currently growing in a small bathroom in my basement that has not been used for years. The area measures 4'x8' floor and 7' tall. This gives me a 6X4 area to grow and a 2x4 area at the entrance of room where I can move fans too. I would like to keep this as my bloom area. At the back of the room is a shower stall, it measures 2'8"x2'8"x6'6" tall. This area I would like to turn into a veg area.

The problem I am having in my mind is that the shower is a tiled area top to bottom so there is no place in the walls that I could add ventilation. I can draw power from the light that is inside the shower stall though. For a door to the shower I was thinking of using poly and adding a zipper to it for entrance. I am also thinking this may need to be a 2 level area for enough vegging room but am really unsure at this point.

I will be changing this around after my first real grow is complete so long as I am able to compile a sound plan for this. That gives me about 9 weeks to figure out if it's possible and how to do it and then to purchase all the supplies needed.

Any and all tips and advice are encouraged :)

Here are a couple pics to give you an idea of the layout of the room.

Thank you all for your time on this matter :eek:

Warfish

entrance.JPG

shower.JPG

Warfish,

Can you post a picture showing the shower better?

Also, where does the double window fan vent to?

I have a couple of ideas, but need a better handle on what you have going. Also a sketch of the floor plan would be helpful.

Looks like you've got your hands full.

Gret smoking.

Do you own the house? I'm asking because I want to know if you are able to make big changes, or if you will need to put it back to "normal" at some point.

That's what I was gonna say. If you own it, gut that frickin bathroom since you never need it anyhow and set up a badazz veg and flower space.

DonJones,
I respectfully would like to decline your offer for help. At this point in time it seems there is an air of controversy following you around and I personally would like no part in it.
**edit DonJones, your efforts to clear things up have been noticed by many including myself. I respect how you confronted the problem and are now working to solve it. If I have not offended you to much I would once again welcome your input.

LF and nouvellechef,
I do own my house but my wife has pretty much put her foot down on the destruction of the tile shower area. I will be removing the toilet that is in the main grow area after this grow for that reclamation of room though. I think the biggest problem that I am facing with this idea is how to vent the area. If there is some way to run vents through a mylar type door or something then that would work. I just am unfamiliar with what is out there to use for this.

warfish,

No problem. I thank you for your civil and polite way of declining. that is refreshing.

If you change your mind, then I'm only a PM or a post away. I thought the information I asked for would also help other people give you better advice, but you've got 2 real good advisers there so I'm more than glad to back out.

Since you mentioned the air of controversy, you might be interested in checking this thread. It might help clear the air for you. If not, oh well you still are in good hands. http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?p=615198#post615198

Great growing and even better smoking.

warfish you can break an opening in the wall, i've done that so many times :laugh: i use a hammer and metal head, my walls are cement. i dont think the zipper door is the best idea, it will work but i think it's much easier to place a normal door or just a plywood door will be much easier to open, close and zippers break easier, hope this helps :)

Tile is easy to replace/repair if you have spare tile around. If not just make veg cab 4" smaller/build wall in order to run ventilation behind the wall and exit to outside. Panda film works good for walls/ ect

there is a 16"x16"x4' tent on ebay that would fit into the shower area. Just a thought -

!! Now I had not even thought of that before OHC :) That just may be the way to go for sure! If I can find one that is 24"x24" wide I would be set! Great idea, Thank you much :D

If you check ebay there are loads on there. I was shoping for one my self as well. The Buddha Tents seem pretty good. And also aparently there were some going cheap from hXXp://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=GRHBS03&eq=&Tp=

Tact passed the link onto me. dunno if they still availible. he said they made a small mistake with color on inside.

I dunno if i would go with a tent thou. you are then limiting your space to that one area. and dont forget you cant make alterations to a tent. why dont you buy some wood and build a type of closet to fit in the area of the shower. that way you can chop it up easily. and as long as you can use a drill im sure you can put it together pretty simple. You wont even have to damage the tiles. the enclosure would keep it nice and safe. that way you can even add power to the enclosure to keep everything neat and tidy.

Hope it helps.

I was going to suggest what duck said...take out a few tiles, and run a vent fan, you could always replace the tiles if you wanted to put it back to normal.

Could have a vent fan at the top of the enclosure if you think about making a enclosure of wood (Heat does rise after all). and you would utilise the space well also.

warfish said:
!! Now I had not even thought of that before OHC :) That just may be the way to go for sure! If I can find one that is 24"x24" wide I would be set! Great idea, Thank you much :D
I'm sure the wife would approve of the compromise... I did a quick search and found they have your 2'x2' in a couple of posts $100-$125ish. Keep us updated.

Latest posts

Back