Need Some Advice Please!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

big_kahuna

I am a happy member
Reaction score
:holysheep:
I AM USING A SELF BALASTED FLORESCENT LIGHT TO GROW MY SEEDLINGS BEFORE TAKING THEM OUTSIDE FOR THE OUTDOOR SEASON IN THE UK. THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE IS IF I AM GROWING THE SEEDLINGS ON A 24 HOUR CYLCLE DO I NEED TO FEED THEM MORE BABY BIO THAN USUAL AS SOME OF THE SINGLE BLADERS ARE GOING YELLOW. WHEN GROWING OUTDOORS IN THE UK DO I NEED TO BE AWARE OF ANY BUGS AS THE ONLY THING THAT I NEEDED TO WORRY ABOUT IN SOUTH AFRICA WAS BUSH BUCKS AND PORQUPINES. IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT WITH SOME INFO THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
IRIE

BABY BIO OMG OMG OMG

Dont use that it will kill them!

Go to Homebase or similar and get a plant food with an NPK of 20.20.20 or 10.10.10 or any variation that is of equel ish numbers.

To answer your question....slugs and snails are going to be your worst enemies, over last years season I lost over a dozen plants to them, eggshells and beer traps work wonders, I would not advise snail or slug killer pellets, they are salt laced and when you kill the slug/snail it salinates your soil around your plant and causes nutrient lock out.

Welcome to the forum :)

P.s none of us here are blind, we can read perfectly well without the aid of caps ;)

Thanks for that, much appreciated. I will keep you up-to-date as to how things are getting on. One more question. I am going to be growing gurilla style as I live in a flat. The area where I want to grow is quiet clayeee so is there anything that I can do to improve the airyness? I first want to grow them in compost bags and then make a hole in the bottom so the roots can then grow into the natural soil(clay) Any advice???

big_kahuna said:
Thanks for that, much appreciated. I will keep you up-to-date as to how things are getting on. One more question. I am going to be growing gurilla style as I live in a flat. The area where I want to grow is quiet clayeee so is there anything that I can do to improve the airyness? I first want to grow them in compost bags and then make a hole in the bottom so the roots can then grow into the natural soil(clay) Any advice???
HIE is certainly familiar with your environmental varients, pessts, ect. And spot on with advice ;)
"I" would advise you to dig the holes larger than your 'compost bags', maybe 1/2 again, and amend with a quality potting soil/mix or compost.

big_kahuna said:
:holysheep:
I AM USING A SELF BALASTED FLORESCENT LIGHT TO GROW MY SEEDLINGS BEFORE TAKING THEM OUTSIDE FOR THE OUTDOOR SEASON IN THE UK. THE QUESTION THAT I HAVE IS IF I AM GROWING THE SEEDLINGS ON A 24 HOUR CYLCLE DO I NEED TO FEED THEM MORE BABY BIO THAN USUAL AS SOME OF THE SINGLE BLADERS ARE GOING YELLOW. WHEN GROWING OUTDOORS IN THE UK DO I NEED TO BE AWARE OF ANY BUGS AS THE ONLY THING THAT I NEEDED TO WORRY ABOUT IN SOUTH AFRICA WAS BUSH BUCKS AND PORQUPINES. IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT WITH SOME INFO THAT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
IRIE

Hey you should check out our website if you run into any other problems. We will have an instructional video on how to grow. Hope to see you!:tokie:

hi big kahuna i would recomend you fined your local hydro store and get nutes designed for the job

Thanks for that. I am just sprouting my plants under lights for now and then putting them out when it warms up. Will take some photos when they are up and getting big.:hubba:

Welcome to MP. Glad to have ya here and hope to see ya around. Look foward to those pics when you get the chance to post them. Enjoy the site! ;)

My babies started off badly as I didn't have a light for 3 weeks so they were spindly but now I have had them under a light for 2 1/2 weeks and they are looking alot better but I can't wait to put them outside. Do you grow outdoors or indoors?:hubba:

Latest posts

Back