need some help. orange-ish spots on leaves.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunakard2000

Reaction score
been trying to figure out what def this is and im just stumped, my plant was showing signs of clawing which as iv read on the MP forums here is over fert/watering, yet im getting this on my leaves 1102121340.jpg im thinking a K Deficiency but not sure, and since its flowering i know form reading on the forums again foliar feeding is kinda outta the question, so what can i do to fix this?

iv got a simple 0 nute soil, i use FF nutes, and Cal/Mag, currently feeding her Big Bloom, Tiger Bloom and Cal/Mag. she is also about 2 or 3 days from the next watering with nutes so if i can get some help here before then that would be greatly appreciated.

sorry for the double post but i just wanted to also note that this is mainly on the top 1/4 of the plant and mainly on the larger fan leaves, starting to appear on the small shade leaves growing outta the buds, not the leaves that are getting all tricomed up, and the spots in natural light are a light orange-ish browin-ish color. sorry for the LED light lol didnt have time to pull her out and get her in better light, busy day today >_<

how far along is she?..looks like "K" issues but ya said you feed with cal/mag...can you get a pick of the whole plant for us? and in natural light?

take care and be safe

I think that we are going to need a picture with the light off. Can't you simply turn it off for some pics?

6.5 weeks into flower... she was in veg for a little over 2 and a half months. i just got some pics and im gonna work on cropping them after dinner... looking over her again id have to say that it looks like a K and P Deficiency, iv been feeding with normal strength... what ever the bottles say for normal iv been using, havnt done a double dose or half dose... just wondering since shes 6.5 weeks into flower should i step up the strength of the nutes a bit? would that help with this Def problem?

ok if you say its on upper portion of plant then it most probably be a micro nutrient issue any symptoms starting from bottom of plant is macro any starting on top is micro with that being said .
you mentioned you vegged 2 months ????? and in flower now 6 weeks are you in same pot ????
now what i think it is Your ph has fluctuated in your medium ,What has caused this is probably salt build up in your medium the higher the salt build up ( ppm of nutrients in soil the lower the ph will become causing lock out of some micro and macro nutrients

this is great your close to watering my solution and what you should really do is make a mild solution of nutrients ph'd correctly and flush your girls catching your runoff and testing your ph while you flush
i hope you have a ppm meter this will become handy on checking your ppm and a ph pen once you got same ph and ppm
coming out of your plant as you got going your issues will be corrected them leafs infected presently will not recover leave them there till plant naturally drops them
Then you will be back in the RACES

Cheers Doc

Now with the pics you uploaded middle to start of late stages of phos def and its a macro def middle of plant

iv been noticing that as the temps get a little lower then a few months ago shes been drinking alot slower which if im right may be the reason she is showing defs, since shes taking longer to dry out the soil there is a greater length of time between nute waterings, im thinking of letting my closet warm up a few degrees to try to help her warm up and drink more,
also DrFever its a little hard to tell but that orange phos def is showing up on the upper leaves above the large one there with the biggest signs of pho def. thats why i said the top portion, also the reason i thought K instead of P is mainly cuz of all the pics iv seen of phos def it seems more like dying leaves and not so much orange spotting like what iv got.. would you still recommend me to do a mild nute solution and flush the soil? im so confused now lol, everything was going very very well up till this def started showing, and as i said recently (last 2 weeks) its been alot colder then before, iv left my window cracked to cool off my room a touch since it was hovering around 80* throughout the day and night but not it seems to be getting down to low 60's... guessing if i get it back up around the low 70s she will drink faster and get nutes more effectivly... would this be a safe assumption?

ooh also DrFever, as you asked if shes been in the same pot answer is yes... after she was around 2-3 weeks old i x-planted her into this larger pot.

if you notice that plants isn;t drinking as much last little while medium being more wet for longer periods then yes flush ASAP as you can see you are starting to get the claw that is from a over abundance of nutrients so your ph is way off in medium i can guarntee it you have salt build up
phos def sometimes you get the orange spots in a sense but that orange spots will grow then turn brown
Your plants are locked up

FLUSH FLUSH FLUSH your plants are litterally frozen there not growing period only thing happening is roots are becoming more n more damaged vascular damage is setting in and plants are or WILL DIE

My first inclination on reading this was that you had a possible toxicity or PH issue causing that. Those 2 things can fool you into thinking you have a deficiency because both PH and toxicity will lock out certain nutes. Then I read down to where DrFever said exactly what I was thinking, so I would have to agree with the good Doctor at this point.

Low temps can cause issues with nute lockout but if your temps aren't dropping below 60 then I doubt that as a cause. I would be more inclined to go with salt build up as I have heard that the FF nutes can get a little salty over time. :)

ooh really? well good to know i guess about the FF nutes, they work really well its all a learning process and it is what it is, ill flush her, now is it streight water or like 1/4 strength nute solution? and how many gallons of water per gallon of soil is necessary to properly flush the salts out?

I would just run straight clean water. No need to ballance the PH unless yer water is naturally waay off. I would run 3-4x the amount of water that the container is. for example, plant is in a 2gal pot of soil, then use 6gallons of water and slowly wash it through, letting the waste drain away. :)

Latest posts

Back