new girlfriend going great, but how do i tell her about my love of weed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is my opinon that honesty is the best policy here. The fallout from telling her now will be less severe relationship wise now than it would say in a year when you guys are really getting tight and the relationship is strong. If you were to violate her trust at that point it would take a long LONG time for her to trust you again. Also, it is a part of who you are. As long as you are not forcing it upon her and trying to force her to smoke with you than I don't see an issue with it.

Of course her becoming a cop may mean she would nark you out in a second if she were to overreact so I would seriously weight your options.

Good luck.

test the waters with a "back in the day" storie and see how she feels....if no go then find another one. no need in hiding it the rest of your life with the one your supposed to trust till the day u die.

kidding....try to warm her up to it over time by getting her ripped when u get the first chance....see if then she doesnt warm up to it, if not- THEN dump her

LOL

kidding agian im not THAT mean :)

Listen to Mom
I've also thought about this for a bit.
Be direct ,ask her point blank if her opinion of you would change if you were a smoker.
That way she won't have time to think about it and you're more likely to get an honest answer .
Be a man and get it overwith,if you think you love her (too soon IMO )you owe it to both of you.

baked builder said:
cool thanks guys, im definately going to tell her soon! and if she really likes me which im confident she does, she will not care too much! and anyway i have a good job, great health and good outlook on life what more could she want lol! and yeah i wont tell her about any growing yet might save that one for lata LOL!

Dude, good luck but you're missing a lot of valid posts here...especially the one you wrote, quote-

:holysheep:
"but she is determined on becoming a police officer and her family has a history of mental illness which she believes is caused by weed!"

Read those words so you understand them...She believes her family is screwed up because of weed, she is NOT going to change her mind...and if she does, it will be short lived... down the road she'll be giving you a choice, right after the newness of the relationship wears off and reality sets in. Get her mad and your life will be ruined...
Scenario " Honey I'm going out with the guys", you come home late, reek of weed and alcohol, and her cop partner is there with handcuffs in hand.
WAKE UP...RUN, FOREST, RUN...
Do yourself a favor, set up a video camera, have one more fling, and watch it till you find a new girlfriend :D

And one last thing...you're going to still grow and see her and then tell her later when things are all peachy? ...you might as well shoot yourself now! :hitchair:

Hell hath no fury as a woman scorned

POTUS said:
Dude, I gotta tell you man, I've seen this before and it was a nightmare.

First, if she wants to be a cop, she'll be piss tested on a continuous basis. You won't ever be able to get weed around her. Sometimes, cops have to take lie detector tests involving drug busts. If during the test, they ask: "Do you or have you ever used drugs", she'll be busted. This is a common question on those tests. If they ask her while she's hooked up, she'll flunk it for sure. Then, she might get pissed and give you up.

Secondly, a person has to believe in what they do. You'll be forcing her to be a hypocrite of the first order. How can she do her job correctly if she's lying about her home life? You'll be forcing her to be a liar.

Thirdly, there are MILLIONS of women out there. Perhaps it would be wise of you to find one that isn't striving to be a cop, narcotics agent or any other type of cop. I mean, it's just not a good idea if you're going to continue to grow MJ and smoke it.

As much as you two like each other, obviously it's not love, or you would have already been honest with her. Since it's only "Like" now, it's better if you just terminate the relationship then to do numbers 1 and 2 above.

Here's the clincher; if and when she knows you smoke and grow, AND she gets really pissed off at you one day, she might put your butt in jail. Jail for a long time or probation for years.

Is it worth it?

Personally, If I were a young man again, I'd be looking up "The New Girl". Man oh man, just looking at her avatar made me feel like I was 60 again!

AND SHE SMOKES AND GROWS!

Hey, New Girl, do you like older men? hehehe

Blush :heart: , Thanx Potus you're too sweet, i like older men but not like my dad's age, oh and he has a big gun, LOL, but i am finally of age and can date who i want but he doesn't care, he still watches out for me. At least we smoke together, he is so old i had to tell him what 420 was LOL

Baked, did you tell your girlfriend yet? You better be good and tell her.

hi guys, thanks everyone for your help! I told her on the weekend and it went better than expected! We went away for the weekend for a food and wine festival, it was a very relaxed atmosphere and she was in a good mood so i decided to tell her, also there was a band playing a song called bad habits lol so i guess it was a sign! at first she was very shocked and i then explained why i smoke in detail so she could understand, i also told her about a lot of the myths about weed, including that it doesnt cause mental illness! i explained how i smoke weed to combat my insomnia (which it does very well), and to relax in the afternoons after work and training! im not a big drinker and would rather smoke weed any day, and i told her some of the statistics about tobacco and alcohol related illnesses and deaths which i got off the internet, and compared it to marijuana related illnesses and deaths and there appears to be none! she was very shocked about this, it is clear that she knew nothing whatsoever about marijuana! i backed up my point by showing her a lot of information on the internet when we got home! im pretty sure she is cool with it, im gonna let her get used to the idea for a bit, and if it still bothers her, then i may have to think about getting a new girl lol but i really hope it doesnt come to that, she does not want to be a cop forever, and she only wants to do it as a way of helping people as she is a very kind and gentle woman! once again i thank you all for your support and i'll keep you posted lol cheers guys!!

she's a wannabee cop, fer peet's sakes!!!

DO NOT SAY A FLIPPIN WORD!... TO NO ONE!!!

...and lose the obvious no-go....

Baked builder has already made his decision. We gotta respect him for that and hope all goes well for him.

Best of luck mate

ooops...lol... I'm stoned... didn't go to last page to see the new post... my bad :eek:

Baked , Congrads on informing her about your habit,it was the right thing to do for the both of you.
DO NOT TELL HER ABOUT THE GROW ,at least not till you have married ,had a kid together , seen it graduate from med school ,married ,startede a family given you a few grandchildren ....
Maybe a little hyperboly here ,but I hope you get the general idea .
Ex Lovers can be toxic
On that word of caution I wish you two all the luck in the world and hope you both find all the happiness that you can handle.

Way to go on telling her and be carefull from here and out !!!
Another soul has a better understanding of MJ!!!

honesty and delicasy are the ways to let her know. i mean its almost like she has no idea about a big part of your life.if she cares enough about you youll be able to come up with something...but i believe you have to be honest...except if your growing no one needs to know about that... but as far as smoking weed ... gotta tell her

Hey man congrats that she was understandable, I was going to say that if she didn't understand the reasons why you smoke then maybe you should of thought about getting another girlfriend, but thats only if you think that weed is better then her. I'm not saying or dissing on weed cause I LOVE it, and I'm just like you I rather smoke then drink, hell really I don't drink at all, use to be a big drinker but stop now I just love to smoke. Now like you said you smoke to let it help with your insomnia which is a good reason on why you should smoke as well as to let some stress off from you after work or whatever..I hope all goes well with you and your girlfriend. I'm now trying to be able to find a girl like that, since everyone I meet say its stupid but there the ones that don't have to suffer from knee problems...

And POTUS I have to agree with you about the new girl, when I saw her picture at first I had to look a second time, amazed, espically with she smokes and grows! Maybe I have a chance I'm deff not near your dads age lol...

Latest posts

Back