New grow-need some input

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FemmeFatale

"Imagine no religion"
Reaction score
OK, I'm growing Feminized Northern Light and Black Jack. Six weeks into vegging. Using FFO and germinated in FFLW. 4 weeks into grow I tried FIM technique. Some split off like a reg topping and some don't appear to have done anything except deform leaves from FIM. My question is it ok to do second regular topping to ones that didn't split (into two stalks). I'm also seeing yellow tips on Northern Lights. I have only given nutes once at week 5 at half strength. Please give feed back on topping and if their yellowing is due to nute burn.

IMG_1966a.jpg

IMG_1969a.jpg

FemmeFatale said:
OK, I'm growing Northern Light and Black Jack. Six weeks into vegging. Using FFO and germinated in FFLW. 4 weeks into grow I tried FIM technique. Some split off like a reg topping and some don't appear to have done anything except deform leaves from FIM. My question is it ok to do second regular topping to ones that didn't split (into two stalks). I'm also seeing yellow tips on Northern Lights. I have only given nutes once at week 5 at half strength. Please give feed back on topping and if their yellowing is due to nute burn.

yes u can top more than 1 time and i would say mayb using 1/4 strngth on the nutes to start them out.. jmo

FemmeFatale said:
OK, I'm growing Feminized Northern Light and Black Jack. Six weeks into vegging. Using FFO and germinated in FFLW. 4 weeks into grow I tried FIM technique. Some split off like a reg topping and some don't appear to have done anything except deform leaves from FIM. My question is it ok to do second regular topping to ones that didn't split (into two stalks). I'm also seeing yellow tips on Northern Lights. I have only given nutes once at week 5 at half strength. Please give feed back on topping and if their yellowing is due to nute burn.

Yes, you can do another topping. Many people top numerous times. I am not sure whether the yellow tips on the NL is nute burn or not. When I overnute, I get brown crispy tips. The Black Jack doesn't appear to have the yellow tips. IMO, they all look really healthy looking--lush and thick. At six weeks, I am thinking maybe they need a bit more nutes than 1/2 strength. What brand nutes are you using and do you know the ppms you are giving them?

I hope that it is just the picture, but the NL on the right looks like it could have a nanner :eek: (hope it is just the picture).

hey femme :) the plants are lookin ok, maybe they just need some more ferts

Im using General Hydriponics Flora Nova @ 150 ppm. I have only done one feeding in fox farms ocean. One of the NL was started a week later and has not had any feedings. It doesn't have any yellow tips. None of the Black Jack show yellow tips and there are hybird. Run off PH is 6.4-6.25. Whats a nanner?

i use flora nova... on those plants u can go prob 700-800 every 2-3 waterings... dont forget to flush when needed

FemmeFatale said:
Im using General Hydriponics Flora Nova @ 150 ppm. I have only done one feeding in fox farms ocean. One of the NL was started a week later and has not had any feedings. It doesn't have any yellow tips. None of the Black Jack show yellow tips and there are hybird. Run off PH is 6.4-6.25. Whats a nanner?

I think that you could up the nutes a bit. How green are they? A lighter green usually means that they want more N. I like to up my nutes slowly, but steadily (say 100 PPM each feeding) until I see some nute burn and then I back off a bit. I have found that I usually need a bit of Cal-Mag with the Flora Nova nutes. All in all, they look really great. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

A nanner is a male flower that looks somewhat like a small banana.

FemmeFatale said:
Thanks Hemp. No, no "nanners"...lol, cute

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dancing::cool2::yay::aok: Well, that is great news as they are beautiful plants.

Latest posts

Back