New grow setup help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowin

Reaction score
my set up is about 5x5 enclosed with some drywall white painted walls.i have a oscillating fan and an air purifier. two long fluo tubes and a bunch of cfls.
help me out. should i remove a wall during light on or off for air circullation???
I have started this after sep. 09, blackgold soil some perlite, MG peat moss,
all are 4 medicinal purpose, 2 tall ladies were bought like that now they have probably grown 4 in. other 6 clones were 4in. tall now are about 7in.
i am on low budget so dont have the funds to buy an 600wt hps system yet and have not been able to get the fedding liquids for their veg. stage.

So I have been using organic materials from the kitchen such as fruits and veggies blended up and mixed into the water which goes into their feedings, dont do that alot but i water these girls every 2 or three days. i am now in the process of making own worm castings with some soil from the start mixed with some twigs,leaves,threeleaf clover type grass? and the outside backyard wigglers.
this is my first time in the grow, the internet is like my best frined right now because the books that they sell in the clubs i have been iffy about buying them jus because it is too much for a book and the internet probably has those same answers if not better.
but ANy tips advice would really be appreciated....

HI,

If your temps are in the 70's you dont need to remove a wall.... just keep good air movement throughout your canopy with a fan or two going in the room. Skip the veggie surprise smoothies for your plants... Your plants can use things that aren't broken down organically and they can't 'process' vitamins and minerals out of foods the same way an animal/mammal can... Do yourself a big favor and get ONE bottle of good veg nutes. Foxfarm Grow Big, Pure Blend Pro Grow for soil, Bio Biz Grow, GH Floranova Grow, etc are all great nutes... Start with 1/2 strength or less nutes and if you dont see any signs of nute burn on your newly emerging leaves slowly increase the nute strength from there. Alternate nute feedings with plain waterings and only water when the top couple of inches of soil in your pots is bone dry to the touch. Since you are using fluoros you'll need to keep your lights as close as possible to your plants cuz they dont have any penetration power to get light down thru your canopy like a HPS would... Look into techniques like pruning and LST (Low Stress Training) so that you can keep a low profile on your plants and keep the light closer to more developting buds.

Happy Growing!:cool:

:yeahthat: Seen this before. Say brother ya gotta get some nutes! The mixed up fruit may do more harm than good. Had a low budget when i started and slowly built my way up. Home depot has a miracle grow organic thats awsome fer veg. It's a good size bottle that's cheap.

ya you might give em some acidic stuff that would kill them instantly like say a grinded lemon, get some fert watever you can afford would be better than garbage and if you're planning on getting some bud you need hps, if you cant afford any you would need to chop them down keep small plants to try and get some bud from that weak light, it might be not worth the effort. check for magnetic hps ballasts you can buy em for cheap, not aircooled but theyr very cheap and do the job, you can then build your own hood from metal sheet or something, thats the cheapest way to get a light

any one catch 3in growth since sept?

FA$TCA$H said:
any one catch 3in growth since sept?

Yeah :confused: Did we read that right? They have only grown 4" in 4 months?

First of all, how many CFLs are a bunch, what is the wattage, and the kelvin of the CFLs and tubes? Your space is way too large for the lighting you have.

Second, you have got to quit feeding your plants what you are and get some kind of veg nutes.

I can understand being on a budget, but if you cannot meet certain minimum requirements, like food and light, then it will be futile for you to attempt to grow. While this may sound harsh, it is the reality of growing. You are trying to grow something that sells for $300-400 an oz. It truly takes an investment in time, energy, and money.

How about the 5 x 5 with two long fluo tubes and a bunch of cfls.? you most likely do not have enough light (lumen) for the plants to grow.

I am new and don't know that I should give advice, but I understand your wanting to feed your plants with composted fruit, etc. but you need to compost it first. That can take a year or if your really good six months. So, you could start that for your next grow. The previous posts say it best, but I would add again about watering. It doesn't hurt a plant to get dry between waterings. In fact IMO it helps them. So like Dirtyolesouth said, let the soil be very dry before watering. Also if the soil is very clay or hard, scratch the surface of the soil carefully with a fork.
Good luck. There is so much to learn. You can do it.

Latest posts

Back