new grower trying to pick a species

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tool

Reaction score
I am new to growing and I want to grow a a plant or two outside. Id like some advice for picking out a species to grow. I dont a dont want somthing that gives a lazy retarded laughing high, I want somthing the produces a really smooth pleasurable high that is good for listening to music while still being able to focus and acclomplish tasks. I was thinking about train wreck, my friend described it to me and said its great for enjoying music and provides great pleasure especially when swimming. I live deep in the country and my locations for growing is endless. I would like a species that has a good yeild and isnt to hard for noob to grow. I live in southern wisconsin and growing season is comming up real soon. Im gona do a lot reading before I start, but im excited and confident that I can do this, im very meticulate and obbsessive with my hobbies. So any advice is appreciated and feel free to provide links to places to buy seeds. thanks

I'm not positive from your descriptions on they type of high you want but i think you should go for an indica dominant strain. You will most likely have a more relaxed high from it and indica's have a shorter flowering time which would be better for your location.

Hi there. Check out the smoke reports and the seedbank forums and that should answer the question that you have. Hope this helps. Take care and be safe.

early sativa will give you an up high unlike your indica body high. and finishes sooner than most indicas, maybe you should look into these? just a thought

Indica strains deliver more of a narcotic high. The high you are looking for is definitely sativa dominant. 85c is right on go for sativa.

Satori from Mandala Seeds. They are not that expensive, very very easy to grow and an awesome upbeat high. Warning, it kinda creeps up on you.

godspeedsuckah said:
Satori from Mandala Seeds. They are not that expensive, very very easy to grow and an awesome upbeat high. Warning, it kinda creeps up on you.

I have to agree. Satori is a nice choice. You will probably need to build a greenhouse over it to give it time to mature where you live. An excellent plant for indoors too.

Yo Ho Tool,
First right off the batt we would like to welcome you to our little bit of paradise. Please do take a few minutes and read through our site rules. The rules are few and easy to get along with. It would appear that we are close nieghbors, as I am right on the other side of the line from you.
I would move up there, but then I would be stuck paying a lot of taxes, ( Both sides).
Bring a good sense of humor with you, but think twice about your growing an Indica as you would end up with some surgery to get the couch cushion out of your butt, LOL A Sativa will give you that uppity high, but to much can get you tripped out. Either way your the controller right ?

again bring a good sense of the Ha-Ha's with you and we'll smoke a hoober in your honor.

smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

I agree with the satori. Even there safari mix has some great sativas that are ready by the first week of october which is the time you need.

Excellent thanks alot for the replies guys. Its sounds like sativa is the way to go. I looked into satori and it seems to be just what im looking for. I have another question though, I was thinking about aquarium water to feed the plants since I have 5 aquariums and they are very are rich with nitrate. Does anyone else here use aquarium water for their plants? Its seems like a good idea since I would never use chemical fertilizer.

is it just me or does tools avatar look more like a cow :rofl: (no offense if its your dog :rofl:)

looks like satori is just up your street, cant wait to see how you get on, any questions, just holla on the boards and some1 will be on hand to help u out.

have you got a location yet??? you need to do the prep before you even think about germinating your beans.

Im about 2.5 hours away from kenosha, i live south of La Crosse right by the mississippi. I go to stay at a friends in kenosha alot when we go to the milwaukee mile or six flags and what not. And the dog in my avatar isnt mine but I think he's hilarious with the pissed off look on his face. I havent found an exact location yet because ive been pretty busy, thats my first priority because it has to be perfect and I have to make sure that nobody will ever stumble upon it during the period im growing. I might have to wait until everyone is done mushroom hunting before I can bring out some plants. Does anyone have any thought about using aquarium water yet?

i can imagine aquarium water to be full of salts, which is bad for the MJ plant. IMO you should just use fresh water, maybe you could try it on 1 or 2 plants to see how they react to it.

I water my flowers and shrubs with water from my 150 gallon goldfish pond which is outside. I first noticed the grass where i was dumping my water was looking great so i started using it on everything outside. never watered anything else with it though. I know another dude who swears by it when watering their tomatoes in the summer. good luck

so do you think i could use pond water for my plants if its near a pond?? i know stream water is pretty fresh and good for plants.

Pond water should be fine as long as it has lots of healthy vegetation around it.

Latest posts

Back