New member - Old Man of The Sea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well then you know it takes many posts and exchanges with members to know how/if you think you fit in. All are welcome here so you fit in as far as we are concerned. Openly judging us probably doesn't sit well with some of the old timers. We are here not to be judged but to pass time and have fun......so join in.
Please explain how I am "openly judging" anyone?

It took you over two weeks to answer my post. What's the point? Water under the bridge, not to mention I'm too old to give a shit about something I said to you 2 weeks ago. Want to fit in,, how about hanging out and getting to know the members Peasant. 😉
Didnt realise there is/was a time limit also dint realise that replies were required
Hopefully, I'm learning

I was referring to the book "Old Man and the Sea. #1 thing here is to quit being so defensive. We fk around a lot in here. It is what keeps us sane. You should try it. Have fun and let go.

Tell me a story.

Okay,, I'm bored. How about we move on. If you want to hang around,,, cool.
If not,,, no problem. There are lots of other sites you can try.
And there is no time line. You can answer this a month from now if you want. 😜

Okay,, I'm bored. How about we move on. If you want to hang around,,, cool.
If not,,, no problem. There are lots of other sites you can try.
And there is no time line. You can answer this a month from now if you want. 😜
I'm to old to wait that long.....waiting for an answer.....are you gonna go to the prom with me or not?

Well I do realise that I will just seem like a pillock to some people. That's OK. I do like to try and provoke a reaction sometimes (I believe that's one way to find out who people really are. As to what I'm doing here I'm lurking and trying to find out if I might fit in.
If more than a few tell me to fook off - I'll do that thing.
Be well, be happy, don't judge too soon. 🤗

He was busy analyzing to see if we were good enough for his level of excellence. Thinking he still looking for nirvana. Gosh darn it.
You're right. Still lurking around & trying to figure this place out. Not really looking for any advice - just like talki g shit. If enough people got summat to say it'll be nice. If not, well that's OK too.

I was referring to the book "Old Man and the Sea. #1 thing here is to quit being so defensive. We fk around a lot in here. It is what keeps us sane. You should try it. Have fun and let go.

Tell me a story.
OK here's a story

A really ugly bloke goes into his local & stands at the bar with a really miserable expression on his truly wart-splattered, ugly, face.
The landlord serves him a pint and says "hey Bert, what's up, why the long face?".
Bert says "**** off you interfering old bastard".
Landlord says "Don't be like that Bert, what's up? and serves Bert another pint saying," this one's on the house, now cheer up - it can't be THAT bad".

Bert takes a big swig of his new pint and says,
"Well it's alright for you, you've got a decent roof over your head, a good business here, a good looking wife, and two fine sons".
"But... what about me, my dogs just died, me tractors broken down, t' boiler blew up two days ago, and women won't even look at me - never mind accepting an offer of marriage.
My life is utter shite. I'll have another pint then I'm off home".
Landlord serves him up another pint.

The landlord then goes off to serve a crowd that's just arrived. Twenty minutes later, Bert finishes his pint and walks out into the car park - slamming the door hard as he goes.

So - the following night the pub door bursts open and in strides Bert with a big stupid grin plastered all over his ugly face.
The landlord moves over, starts to pull him a pint and says,
"Blimey Bert - what's going on with you.? Last night you were such a miserable ****. What's brought about this transformation? I've never seen you grinning like a Cheshire cat before - you big, ugly, bastard."
Still grinning, Bert takes a pull at his pint and says, "Ain't life just grand?"
Landlord says, "I'm intrigued, tell me What the **** is going on?"
Bert says - "Well, you know what a foul mood I was in last night - I was even thinking about topping myself. Anyway as I was driving home I took the short cut over the level crossing and as I was going over the railway lines I glanced out of the window and saw what looked like a young, half-naked woman tied hand and foot to the rails.
I stopped the car, rummaged in the boot, found a blade, and cut her free.
Then I bundled her into the car and took her home.
What a wonderful wonderful night we had. We made love in every room in the house, in every position you can imagine - it was glorious - the best experience of my life"

Landford says, "Aw that's great news Bert, I'm very happy for you. Tell me was she pretty.?
Bert - still with a big smile on his ugly mug says,
"I don't know - I never found her head.! "

Well then you know it takes many posts and exchanges with members to know how/if you think you fit in. All are welcome here so you fit in as far as we are concerned. Openly judging us probably doesn't sit well with some of the old timers. We are here not to be judged but to pass time and have fun......so join in.
Once again I'll ask - How am I openly judging people.?
If you don't explain that, how am I going to avoid doing so. I DON'T and never have judged anyone in my entire life. I believe in letting people be who they are without taking offence.
I AM able to explain myself so if you wanna know stuff - just ask.
Tring to wade through all the posts gradually now but that's against my nature - I prefer to just browse and look at stuff I think might be of interest (to me)

Latest posts

Back