new op

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you want to do it right esko then have the electrician run a 'sub-panel' to the room. You will need a 220/240 volt circuit for the lights and 110 volt circuits for most everything else. They can run a sub-panel off one 40-60 amp 220 volt run to your breaker box. Depending on location you are looking at maybe $300-$500 for the whole thing. Or pay the electrician to run a single 240 circuit to the room ($150-$200) and make your own power controller (link in my sig). :smoke1:

You can also repurpose any windows in the room as vents in/out too. Be creative and it will look OK from the outside.

You would do better having a shed or wearhouse garage, not in your home. If your going to be running that kind of an operation... I think If you manage 1g a watt and had 2000W of hps power then thats 2000grams (over 4lbs) every 3 months if you clone and do things right. Your gonna wanna do your homework on co2 enhancement.

I wouldnt worry much about your yield as you know since your legal the places pay you on quality and weight. You can get some killer genetics and make them turn out like ditch weed if you try and push too hard right off the bat. If you grew less and had better quality your customers/patients will be much happier and pay more.

As for pricing you'll just have to shop around in your area get several quotes... remember what is state legal isnt federal legal dont want the feds knocking your door in at 3am with flash gernades... we still have to live in somewhat in fear my friend. Not to scare you or anything but when those over zealous federal agents hear anything about a grow the person that ratted you out could mention something of cartel business with a big grow...

In my opinion start small with 2k or even 1k worth of lights get a grow or two under your belt, then add a light and dial in and do a grow, and if necessary add a light dial in and grow. Your going to need to move a massive amount of air to keep it fresh and prevent mold and pests if you try a big grow before you know what your really getting into... I've been overwhelmed just by tryin to start with a 600W hps grow in a 12sq ft area.

OK, this sounds better now than it did in your original post . . . honestly, I don't really care how big anyone goes, or whether they're legal . . . that's none of my business . . . my comments were made strictly from the viewpoint of safety - know what you're doing, make sure it gets done right, and then grow til the cows come home

peace . . . and good luck !!

Latest posts

Back