New soil second run in it had this issue with one other plant now three

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joseph Fontaine

Reaction score
I have a few autos into flower and iv been getting yellowish leaves and brow spots started just with palish leaves I thought it was a nitrogen deficiency so I added a cup of worm casting and watered it in I think it may be helping if not I'm gonna try some Epsom salt for mag n sulfur also straight water from. Here on our I guess next run going to be promix ho with perlite gaia green dry amendments mixed in and fed if needed through out grow also I'll be using dynomoco and worm castings

Attachments

• IMG_20240128_001201.jpg
    IMG_20240128_001201.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_221053.jpg
    IMG_20240129_221053.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_221102.jpg
    IMG_20240129_221102.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_221113.jpg
    IMG_20240129_221113.jpg
    984.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240129_221109.jpg
    IMG_20240129_221109.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20240122_224220.jpg
    IMG_20240122_224220.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Does anyone have any ideas what I should do this is depressing I'm going back to promix this sucks I tried flushing them with just water well see what happens. Should I use only water or ahould I add some fish emulsion and more loom for nutrients ?

Yellow leaves and brown spots can be a sign of a few things, but sounds like you're on the right track with adding some nutrients.Epsom salt can definitely help with magnesium and sulfur if that's what your plants need

Guessing, based on the picts, going out on a limb, and I can see they are in flower but... How big are the pots that you are currently in? Are you only having trouble with the black pots? Is it even possible that they need just a little bit more room in the roots dept? My second thought is what about over watering?

I took my tent down had aroof leak and I don't want ppl knowingi have two tents of budding plants and it's legal I state buty apt no smoking aloud or marijuana so I cut everything down got two ozs of rock hatd nugs that give you some serious anxiety lol but I'm bak i. Business only using the soil for two to three weeks as seedlings and probably gonna go pro mix route or I am studying living soils earth boxes once i have thw funds ill be making my own living soil and using earthboxes til then itll be promix worm castings a few other ingredients but I have a few photos runni g ill posy soom nine days in

I asked because I use the original series of Earthboxes. Still works the same and two of them barely squeeze into my 3x3 tent. Know that you can use any soil you want as long as it’s around 80-85 percent peat moss. Go less than that and you risk losing the watering scheme designed into the box.

My tent is about to bust at the seams because of these boxes. I was told running autos be careful about trimming etc….but I can assure you next grow I will be getting shears out and trim them like photos as that not much fan leaves for autos thing doesn’t exist for an Earthbox.

Those wicking systems rock. I've seen numerous grows using those and most of them struggled with overgrown space with minimal plants. They get surprised at how fast things grow. Plenty of Diy systems out there if ya don't buy one. I will eventually run one under a 4x4 screen. Two plants would be plenty.
I'm a huge peat fan. I use straight promix HP Myco w Jacks. The ladies seem to like it so far. First run with it so we shall see.

Those wicking systems rock. I've seen numerous grows using those and most of them struggled with overgrown space with minimal plants. They get surprised at how fast things grow. Plenty of Diy systems out there if ya don't buy one. I will eventually run one under a 4x4 screen. Two plants would be plenty.
I'm a huge peat fan. I use straight promix HP Myco w Jacks. The ladies seem to like it so far. First run with it so we shall see.
I was thinking of doing the promix and jams do you pH at all ?

I was thinking of doing the promix and jams do you pH at all ?
I'm doing the ultimate no no. I've not checked pH at all. Out of my tap is 7.2ph n 132ppm. I mix the tap water with jacks and water. I do have calcium nitrate and Epsom salt on standby. I'm slowly working them into every watering.

Isn't it all organic so is no need to adjust pH? Also I have the money to get any ki d of soil anything . I really am thinking two earth box jr's and using promix hp with wormcastings dolomite lime I heard has to be added either something like pumice or perlite for aeration possibly compost and wormcastings. So would that be an ok mix I would think just wondering how much of each

I'm starting a promix hp grow in a couple weeks, so I'm following. I plan to add worm castings and kelp meal at least. I've used Fix Farms outdoors before, but GM's success with Jack's has me leaning that direction.

Latest posts

Back