New Vaporizor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Please note, I have been living in the "sticks" since the eighties, and just got online two years ago. (sometimes I feel like the world has moved on):farm:

Yesterday while down in the Valley, stopped in the "local head shop". Since being there last they have changed owners and it now says it is a Tattoo shop. Chancing they may have screens, I went in. The place is pretty big, and I swear, there had to be 2 thousand glass pipes in case after case as you walk in. Tattoo shop seems to be back in the corner and kinda quiet. The front of the place is jammin' with customers at the checkout line, with more people comming in behind me. A very nice young man asked if I needed help, (I think I was double the age of most in the store). I came in to buy some screens I said, and complimented him on the new store and such a big inventory of pipes. I have a stepson, who's brother blows glass pipes, and never in my wildest dreams did I think they were as expensive as I see they are. (I have a few but they were free and I dont use them, I hate cleaning them) Anyway, he finds me some screens and I ask, If he carries vaporizers. He has got Volcanos to smaller ones, ones with bags, ones with whips, and all are 20% off! I ask if they have one in the $100 range. I have wanted one of these vaporizors since first reading of them. But, never thot I would get one, as all I have seen are on the net. So.......he says the guy in line there bought two. As he is telling me how to use it and firing it up to make sure it works (there must be a "no returns" sign every five feet), he mentions I must "grind" up the reefer before you load it. So, he shows me one that is way cool, (wanted one, but never seen one before, and is one of the two items on my xmas list). It is called Cosmic and is made in America, 20% off too. Looks like it is machined from a solid peice of metal. It has a magnet holding it together. I get the grinder and the vaporizor, screens and some new style ZigZags called ultra thin. I get out of there for right around $100.

Got it home and out of the box and set it up. The Grinder is working great, the directions are sketchy on the vaporizor. So, we grind up some reefer and get it going. We started with the Mango, and got ripped. Then put in some Sugar Granddaddy Purple and sat down to watch a DVD called Wanted. There was no Official Dinner last night, I am pretty positive if I had made anything it would have been as messed up as I was.

I felt like I had eaten a big MJ brownie. It was a very comparable experience. I did notice that I did not get the sleepy feeling I get when smoking at night. I do like the flavor of the bong/pipe better. I think it is time to see how the vape works again.
All my xmas shopping is done!:bong2:

Happy Holidays Everyone!

vap 2.JPG

vap 1.JPG

i think puffinafatty has same 1 & loves it. ive seen this one & now have 2 solid reviews so i guess im goin 2 get 1 now.

Kewl :aok:

...those Ultra Thin ZigZag's suck... I tried 3 packs of them and went back to whites... the only thing that's cool about them is you can see the weed in the joint... on cigarrette sized dubes, like mine, it looks totally kewl :D :cool:

Research on vapes say you get less THC in vapes but more cannaboids which is actually really a good thing tcbud check it out at www.canorml.org go to health info and it talks alot about vaps

Hey Hydro, I think you may have misread that info. The article states that "Researchers reported that vaporization resulted in higher plasma concentrations of THC compared to smoked cannabis for up to 60 minutes following inhalation. Investigators also reported that subjects 'self-titrated' their intake of cannabis vapor, taking smaller and less frequent puffs when exposed to stronger marijuana. On average, the Volcano vaporizer exposed subjects to 54 percent of the applied dose of THC. Previous studies have shown that as much as 80 percent of the THC burned in cigarettes or water-pipes is lost in slipstream smoke."

This means that you only get about 20% of the THC from a "j" and get 34% more in a 'Cano. I knew there was a good reason why I don't use as much of my meds, and don't have to medicate as often when I vape as opposed to smoking...lol

Peace...j.b.

Naw man read it again

"However, the situation was complicated by the fact that the cannabinoids produced by the electric hotplate vaporizer were unusually high in CBN, leaving 30% less THC. Since CBN is not psychoactive like THC, recreational users might be expected to consume more smoke to make up for the deficit. (The situation may be different for medical users, who could experience other, medicinal benefits from CBN). For this reason, it seemed advisable to recompute the performance efficiencies of the vaporizers in terms of THC, rather than all cannabinoids. When this was done, the electric hotplate vaporizer turned out to have a lower THC/tar ratio than the unfiltered joint, while the hot air gun was still marginally higher."

So what does that mean. Vaps are not good, if its the THC high your looking for,but are good for pain,, cannaboid high,,or,, they are better for ya.?. ,,,,,Or am I better off with a nice,,, iced down bong:bong: ?
I am confused.

Id say its way better for you THC is not always good for you at its purist its like doing 100% grade something else and saying it wont have a effect on you ;) what the vape does show is that it is giving you a better dose of the medicinal medicinal of the marijuana

Which is actually good showing that THC isnt really the medicinal part of marijuana at all!!!

PS. they actually say water bongs usually filter out more THC making them the worse smoking paraphenilia

hey TCBUD i got the same vaporizer it seems to work best with the temp around 380 for most buds. also it has a wierd woody taste the first few times you use it but it will fade away by using it.:D but it does its job it gets you recked;) i equal it to smoking hash. the best is a few vap hits then a few bong rips you end up with a full body and head high its the best:hubba: once you get used to how it works you can set it to get massive vap hits without firing it up like a bowl

HPIM4617.JPG

i have the volcano and it spoils you.you will get ripped quick as hell using the vape.you waste less weed and i simply love the dang thing.everyone that smokes with me says the same thing."i've never been this stoned"lol. i love it.

andy52 said:
i have the volcano and it spoils you.you will get ripped quick as hell using the vape.you waste less weed and i simply love the dang thing.everyone that smokes with me says the same thing."i've never been this stoned"lol. i love it.
ya but the volcano is like 100 times better IMO:hubba: i used one and it blows mine out of the water you dont get any weird flavors. if you put some tasty bud in a volcano your gonna get some tasty vapor. but for the price the cheapo does the job;)

i agree,the volcano is great,but pricey.i paid 669.00 total for the digital version.

andy52 said:
i agree,the volcano is great,but pricey.i paid 669.00 total for the digital version.
no doubt,but its just like investing in solar panels when it comes to a volcano.you got a medical grade vaporizer with a lifetime warranty.sure it costs a little from the start but it pays for itself in the end.as opposed to buying 30 of those cheap *** 60 dollar ones.

:aok: while i hav'nt tried the volcano, i do have an "extreme" by arizer.
ceramic heater that does not come in contact with the herb, whip or bag and has a three speed blower that really shoots out the vapor at $275.00 us it costs 1/2 of the volcano , the way i see it , my health is worth the cost of either model

OK,,well I just spent a bunch amoney on my Growroom. So now I will save for a Vap. I will look at both the Volcano and the Extreme. Me and the Ole Lady always smoke out of a small pipe,,( i hate papers) but hey,,this Vap thing sounds great.:hubba:

That crazy vancouver guy said:
Kewl :aok:

...those Ultra Thin ZigZag's suck... I tried 3 packs of them and went back to whites... the only thing that's cool about them is you can see the weed in the joint... on cigarrette sized dubes, like mine, it looks totally kewl :D :cool:
ultra thin = zig zag silver right?
why ddin't you like them? i found them alright. better than rizla's.
my buddy just loves them though, and always complains when i roll with whites now ("whites to me are like blues to you" is what he says)
*and if you think silvers are trippy being almost see-through, try minislim's PURE.. they are completely clear. they look like plastic (but are not obviously. they're made from vegetable cellulose)
i'm not a big fan of them, but they're pretty trippy the first time someone pulls out a joint rolled in them.

as for vapes.. i've never used a quality one, so i've never felt the urge to spend so much for one. the only ones i used were pathetic.. looked like i could make a better one with a soldering iron and a jar. they were quite cheap, and i was not a fan.
might have to try a quality one sometime to see what the fuss is about.

Agree, some hits off the vape then a couple on the bong. The reason I wanted the vaporizor is because of the poor lungs I have.
The taste is kinda funny, but tastes kinda like the weed smells. Chemically. The taste at the end of the "bowel?" is just awfull. I did notice that I was able to to chores much easier on the vape compared to smoking. So the mind high really is less it seems to me. I like it real well, but......
Smoking a J, or a bong, or a bowel even, is hard to beat.
and..
thanks Hydro for the info.
When I win the lottery, I will buy a volcano.

Oh, and the guy at the shop said something like....
"if wasting some herb is not a concern go with this one"....note in the pic all the pot on the top part calendar, all heading for the trash, it had been vaped.

Gonna try those new papers next time I am out in the world and need some meds. I still have a hard time beleiving that I can smoke in public (like in the truck as a passenger).

SmokinMom said:
Smokinmom wants a vape for Christmas. Who wants to buy me one? :p :D

How about you buy me one, and I will share with you?;) I mean we are equalls,,right.:hubba:

Latest posts

Back