Newbie question about indoor growing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Need some pictures man..upload them through this forum for privacy.

ok here are some pics of my 1st solo deal.......anyone wishing to critique me would be great as im just winging this to a point.....also i have one that is discolored.....anyone know what it is??? im awaiting another 400w switchable to add to the one i presently have.......these are WW's and havent been sexed yet.....like i said any advice would be helpful........

danks,
Irish

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

what kinda soil and nutes you using ? look up in this forum sick plants and problems . you will see there you have a few problems from what i see like your ph is way off need to lower . your iron is defiecient. and a couple more i see . i suggest you flush and use distilled water for a week or so . and get your self a ph test kit . but other than that they look nice and tight.

ps it is under HICKS marijuana nutrient disorders trouble shooter. sick plants & problems . gl

pss also looks like its time to transplant into bigger containers .

ty....i havent used any nutes and the soil i bought was a simple potting soil w/ food already in the soil.......they have 5 more days until i reeceive the 2nd light and transplant into 8x8x8...now i just cant afford to leave half of them lightless so ill keep them in the solo cups until i receive the new light......i thought it was easy now i have to test everything...lol....i have used distilled water from day 1 to water....these guys were even germinated in distilled water........tya for the advice....i will definately get a ph tester and read up on HICKS post.......

ty,
irish

By the way......anyone know what 2 factory made 400 watts will run me per month at 24/7? is this too much electricity for an apartment? im also running 2 ac window units 24/7........is this dangerous? im a rookie and know most of the time if i keep my mouth shut about my garden i'll be ok..............peace

pot them all under the 1 400w fer now - i run 8 - 1000w plus household - bill is 250.00 per month. 2 x 400. is peanuts. look for pro max hp soil or anything akin that drains, better soil and more will give ya the trace they need

Look at your first grow as a chance to learn....if you stick with it then everything will start makin' since. "learn the nature" of the plants. Give 'em what they need....they'll reciprocate.

ps...3 1/2 foot space is ganna be stuffed if they all turn female.

thanks alot.....ill be back in a week w/ more pics (once i repot and put under 2 400watters).......ty for everyone's advice to date and peace...............

1 400 hps and 2 150cfl, and 8 reg flos 24/0/7= 5,800 btu ac = me about 45 extra dollars a month in my 10x12 storage building. if that helps any.

skunk......lol..........ok im hopefully on the same page as 1 other guy who said peanuts..........i feel better......ty all and pics to come so i can get the bestest best advice anywhere in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

danks,
mickboy

:confused: 1 more ? about these things........i just topped evy1 so i could stall on my 400w which wont be here until next week.........they dont look nearly as pretty but from what i read/heard it was the right choice.......right?????

rookieboy irish:confused:

It won't hurt them Irish if anything they will get bushy. They are looking great by the way.

ty brothers............here are the new pics......razr phone cam sux but gets the job done.........here is what they look like after being lopped 12 hrs later............tya for evy1's advice its the only way im going to learn..........peace;)

top 1.jpg

top 2.jpg

top 3.jpg

how many times i gotta say yer in VEG and 1 400 will do the job. now they will bush out. you dont have to worry until you go to flower on second light and that is 3 weeks off. GET THEM INTO BIGGER POTS, then 1/4 strenght ferts

ur the shit astra!!!......they will be re-potted on tuesday.........lol.........i love this effing place!!!!!!!!!!!! should i give them 16/8, 17/7, 18/6, 24/7? let me know..........i will have the 400w no later than mid next week............astra what do u honestly think about lopping those considering at best ill get 10 strong ladies......those 2 400w can handle bushy bushy's cant they?

peace

ps....they way i look at it........now that solo 400watter can reach/shine better on the lower shoots........i could be wrong....but like turkeyneck said this is my 1st real grow and I need to learn and remember specific things........when is the Calgary stampede?.....lol

oh yeah..you'll have plenty of light. If your space is 3 1/2 ' wide you'll have light coming out of your ears. Looking good though.

18/6 fer now, i think. that way yer ballast will have cool time and also if ya get a problem you will have a dark time to spray if needed. and yup fer bushies. calgary stampede - how do i know, im from bc. think its on now. or soon.

Latest posts

Back