newbie question...any advice?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Localfan420

Reaction score
i spent the past 2 nights looking at many gardens...so beautiful and everyones info about lighting. obviously sunlight is the best a plant can recieve... but what if it doesn't get the minimum lumen/sq.ft. ratio? will the plant just grow stalky and flower small buds? or will it not grow buds at all?

I plan on using a bagseed test run for 2-3 months and start flowering under 5,000 lumens using the LST method. If I have one female in one pot with the light as close as possible, would it flower on 12/12 cycle?

sure it will flower.the outcome of your labor might be very miniscule without proper venting and lighting.

You'd have some loose and airy buds if you didn't upgrade to an HPS through flower.

Bagseed means you are not sure what strain you are growing... if it can be attributed to any defined strain at all.... so that basically mean you are trying to reinvent the wheel.... meaning that you are growing a strain of marijuana... you have NO clue what the Nute requirements are.... what the PH requirements are feeding schedules.... etc etc etc........ there are a hundered different factors that make this hobby a complete sucess or a complete failure......

Bagseed is a good thing to practice your growing skills on...... learning what your plant wants from you... learning what it needs to be happy.... but UNLESS you find hat one in a million seed in all the bags you have smoked DO NOT BASE ALL YOUR KNOWLEDGE ON BAGSEED!....

I will be honest.. all I have grown so far is bagseed.. I thought I found a jewel..... turned out to be a POS..... I dont want to rain on your parade, but i have some quality genetics OTW to my grow room now and have basically put my hermie POS bagseed mother to rest.......

On the other hand........ a LOT of people around here will tell you that you cannot grow dank bud without a certain light or a certain nute........ There are at least a few people here that grow great bud under floros the whole way through...... they may not be real dense but hey... you are growing for yourself, not to sell on the street for weight...... esp whenb weight has not a lot to do with quality............. the stuff we want is in the crystals.. not in how compact the biologic material is.......

im just a beginner and need some training, or a hobby for the winter. i have 5 seedlings growing now and ill have to sex them and hopefully have one decent looking female to flower. i got the seeds from good bud, pretty much all skunk or headie bud.

once i can afford to build a better enviroment this closet grow is all i need to keep me busy and i have plenty of knowledge to learn from everyone who posts on this forum. so thanks!

That is what bagseed is for... learning....... I have come to realize.. if your bags have seeds... there is a reason.... the good stuff should not have any seeds, it is grown in a way to NOT have any seeds...... so you should not get any DANK seeds from a bag bought on the streets............ at least not to the point you should expect it.... SURE you can get the on in a billion seeds froma genetic match of all the phenos you would want.... but it is a one in a BILLION.

Casual grower, call it luck if you will, but I'm in my first grow and doing bagseed (wanted to dial-in setup before I ordered genetics), and my two females I got outta 5 are LOVELY! I'm bout 10 days into 12/12 lights and the two are night and day ,1 small and bushy, 1 tall and .......well tall.

yeh i have a little longer to go. i will continue to veg and hopefully go to 12/12 in a month

n596791518_1220816_5608.jpg

Latest posts

Back