Newest Children

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4 weeks in jar.jpeg

Some pics of the new babies, about 15 days in soil, 18hr light, hope the pics come in. also included is the first of the last harvest. Havent posted much since the intro, we'll see how my camera skills are.got 2 out of 3 sized right I guess. The young ones I'm seeing curling up or inward in the later part of the day and a downward curl about two hours into their day. Water or nut def ? If you saw my intro post you know I inherited my garden, and have gone in completely blind. I dont even know what family they are from. Five weeks in the jar and not a bad result, stinky, sticky, and stoney, what more can you ask for? Had some early yellowing on some of the older girls but it went away after I stabilized the room and soil temps, gave them alot of attention ( TLC produces THC ), regular diet and everything is green again. Any ideas on their "Family Tree ", so to speak. Thx

Nice looking plants. Its kinda hard to tell because its a smaller picture and just the top but it looks like maybe you should look into a bigger pot for them. If you have curling of the leafs in can be due to PH issue.

Thanks Caretaker, been looking for PH strips or a more acurate way of measuring the PH levels. My local water is completely useless, the chlorine is so bad a glass of water smells like a swimming pool!!!!!!!!!!
I wont even drink or cook with it, so I dont expect my babies to, I have 6 at that same age, this morning I saw that 2 have pinhead size yellow spots on mid-level leaves. Which has led me to beleave it's a PH issue aswell, but dont want to do much untill I get some test strips, its about 70 miles to a Home Depot or nursery where I can get some. Bigger pot, I have 6 and 10in pots, but have been thinking about grow bagg's, have read the advantages vs the disadvantages and still can't make up my mind. Each of the girls is in a styrofoam cooler with a single flor bulb with hood untill they go under a 400 wt hps. I found the coolers give a very good dist. of the light, and hold consistant temp and hum levels. I'll try and get some better pics posted, thx again.

Hey gary18 if you place your water in a open jug for 24 to 48 hrs it will evaporate the chlorine out then you can adjust the PH and use it to feed your babies. Just a little tip to pass on...take care..

as tony the tiger would say..theeeeyre grrreeeeaaaaat! nah really tho nice plants . i have tried pinching and i either do it too hard or not hard enough i got mine topped but it kinda slowed down growin a bunch recently..

Sir_Tokie said:
Hey gary18 if you place your water in a open jug for 24 to 48 hrs it will evaporate the chlorine out then you can adjust the PH and use it to feed your babies. Just a little tip to pass on...take care..

Thx, does floride and....oh cant think of the name..it cloggs the showwer head about twice a year, hard crystally compound, does that evaporate as well? I'm using bottled water and I do leave that open for at least a day. Last year we had 9 different chems being added to our water here, horrible !!!
Thanks again, always looking for input.

It will come with time, you feel that first little give of vegitation and thats about it. Mine have taken a day or two aftertopping before showwing regrowth, I think thats about the norm from what I've read. I'm still learnin alot of this myself, in a short period of time as i inherited a 3yr old garden with plants at all ages, without any record of what the previous owner was doing, ( he passed away in a car wreck ), his wife knows mine and rather then just ripping it all up and having a smoke fest, I decided to carry on all the hard work that had gone into them
Patients is the most valuable asset you can have when learning this.
Take care

Raphee17 said:
as tony the tiger would say..theeeeyre grrreeeeaaaaat! nah really tho nice plants . i have tried pinching and i either do it too hard or not hard enough i got mine topped but it kinda slowed down growin a bunch recently..

As far as the floride I don't think you'll have to worry about it as long as the ppm are not over 0.7 to 1.2. Florine is the 13th most abundent element in the earths crust it is released into water,atmosphere and soil every day by the earth. The reason it is put into our water supplys believe it or not is to aid in the prevention of tooth decay. But as for the build up on your shower head it sounds like your in a hard water area and that would need to be filtered. If you stick with buying the bottle water it is best to use RO/Distilled water. I have looked around the net and found some smaller RO systems at good prices that would substain a small grow eaisily and in the long run this would be the way to go...take care..

Here,s a pic of one of the new babies, this one has alittle drooping action going on as you can see. these cuttings were cut on the 8th on this month. I am using distilled water ( bottled ), are these mid-level leaves ready to come off or is it too soon. I try to keep them uniform, at each level, almost to much going into blind like this. But I havent killed any yet, or had any severe inflictions. Knock on wood !!
So I guess we're doing something right, I say we because I give credit to those who answered some early questions I had. This drooping is new and I havent changed anything. Thanks again18 days.jpeg

No do not remove any leaves from your plants, leaves promote photosynthesis without them your plant suffers. If any leaves turn yellow just let them be as they will keep drawing energy until they brown out and fall off on their own. It's natural for leaves on a clone to yellow some because they are converting energy to produce roots. As for the drooping it could be from a few diff. things going on, to much water or not enough water will cause a plant to droop. From the pic I don't see any drain holes in your cup, leaving a plant sit in wet soil will also cause a plant to droop and slow the growth of roots. Plants need for the soil to dry out between waterings this allows oxygen to be released into the root zone as the soil drys. Hope this helps...take care..

:stoned: Thanks, just got pots for them today,decided on 10in, never liked the cup thing. They have been 3 days between watering and the adults seem to have slowwed alittle aswell.
Heres accouple pic's of the adults.

Adults.jpeg

:fly:Told you I would help and with the folks here, they know more then me, you have all the help in the world. And as for worthless w/o pics, of corse it is the thread is about the pics, so without them there would have been no thread at all.
Start growin and you'll stop wanting, nothing tastes as good as the fruits of ones own labor.:watchplant::watchplant::watchplant::bolt::smoke1::ccc::48::bong2::ciao:

Latest posts

Back