no buds, flowering 51 days

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunkin2

Reaction score
hi there.
my grow seems very good. 4 plants, 5.5h x 5w x 3.5d box, 600w hps.
foxfarm nutes every 3rd water. alot of tieing down, across etc. still the plants look great filling the box with shoots. BUT, no signs of budding. today is 51 days flowering stage.
i started flowering 30 days into veg. nodes were not uneven at the time. they grew 3-4 times the growth, as i said very well. i'm confused somewhat of why the budding hasn't taken place yet. no light leaks, on 12/12 51 days.
this is my first full inside soil grow. venting is good. 1 comp fan in 2 comp fans out. it gets very hot in the box at times *100. no problems except nats but got rid of them with ideas from the forum.
i suppose my question is: is this normal? should i, or would it harm things to go dark 14 or even 16 hrs. a day?
again. thanks as always for your help.

:postpicsworthless: i hate to use that but its true

post us some pics and it will help a lot of us out in maybe helping figure out what is up with your electricity wasting green ones lol

ya know something.
i ask for some help and what do i get, a smart *** reply. i don't do pictures because i don't know how or want to know. thats why i put so much information in writing. if you couldn't help why reply. i'm most likely old enough to be your grand-daddy. surely don't want to listen to your bull.
I know this may get me kicked off the forum but you are no help what so ever with your little boy train set.

He wasn't trying to be a smart ***, man. Its hard to diagnose problems without pictures.

Are you sure its not a male? And there are no light leaks?

LOL bunkin2 you remind me of someone i know haha...anywho.the stick is right have you seen signs of maturity? sure its a girl? Also again i agree, the lighting can be an issue..try to get a pic offline to something similar to help "us" out diginose your issue..

still lol..

Ehh i think i figured this out before any of u did... His plant wasnt mature enough set it back to full 24 hour and wait for uneven nodes man hopefully u didnt **** them up and they all turn male GL and HF man :D

Take it easy on The Riz. He has been here at MJP for a while now. It really is hard to answer any questions about plants without pics. Just because "1" person doesnt tell you what you wanna hear there is no reason to start throwing a temper tantrum:fid: . Enough with the profanity and useless stuff like that on this thread.

Stunzeed..

yeah can u show us some pics, i'd really like to see what your experiencing

Your plants might not be mature enough. In my expirience faliure to flower usually means a light leak. It has happened to me more than once. It doesn't take much of a leak to effect flowering, especially with a plant that hasn't matured yet. I have found that fans can leak enough light to keep plants from flowering.

Cook_ said:
Ehh i think i figured this out before any of u did... His plant wasnt mature enough set it back to full 24 hour and wait for uneven nodes man hopefully u didnt **** them up and they all turn male GL and HF man :D
Please explain how setting the lights to 24 will help:huh::confused2:. You can put a plant on 12/12 from seed and it will flower. Light leaks sounds like the culprit to me.

It took almost 30days before I could see signs of m/f on one particular plant.

The plant in the first pic was a little over a couple weeks outside, outside in a garden bed.It went under 12/12 on July 3rd>>It's not even passing the shower faucets (Not visible) but you can see alternating nodes

The 2nd pic, it's quite obvious how big it got.It passes the shower faucets.I think this was taken this wk, and I only saw signs of female pistils around late last wk..So it took over 30 days for me, I had no idea what was up with that :confused2: Lights came on in the day, and off in the night, so I don't think I had any light leaks.

1 (Small).JPG

2 (Small).jpg

bombbudpuffa said:
Please explain how setting the lights to 24 will help:huh::confused2:. You can put a plant on 12/12 from seed and it will flower. Light leaks sounds like the culprit to me.
BBP plz read his post again and everyone else on this post that has flamed him as he said his plants did not have altnating nodes yet so obviously his plants werent mature enough 2 go into flowering stage when in early veg u cannot convert a plant 2 flowering stage and when u do flower a seed from begginning the plant is what i call a runt and probably wont grow over 16 inches :eek: P.S. oh yeah hopefully his plants mature more when he puts it back 2 24 hour but it sounds like with the messing with lights now your gonna really stress the plant and turn it male
BTW pics dont help much but confirm suspicion a good gardener should know his plants by heart

like cook said.... the plant wont flower till it's mature and if at 81 days it still hasnt shown it's ready to flower it wont.

is this some kind of land race strain by chance?

dont really need pics just a bit more info.... also temps hit'n 100 will slow it down as well as cool temps ;)

I would leave it on 12/12 myself and wait and watch

grow on

BBP plz read his post again and everyone else on this post that has flamed him as he said his plants did not have altnating nodes yet so obviously his plants werent mature enough 2 go into flowering stage
As I said, you can put a plant on 12/12 at anytime. What I should have added was, it won't flower until it's mature even on 12/12 and it will mature on 12/12. With this said it should be showing signs of sex at 51 days whether you waited for it to mature or put it on 12/12 from the beginning;). What i'm saying is maturity isn't the problem here. Sounds like a light issue or like HGB said, a mutant that isn't going to flower.

bombbudpuffa said:
or like HGB said, a mutant that isn't going to flower.

didn't mean to imply it might be mutant. just slow to flower like :)

I find when done from seed even on 12/12 it wont start flowering till at least day 60 and later even

hello everybody.
thanks for the information.
i know i don't have light leaks. my 5.5 x 5 x 3.5 box is in a sealed shed. what happened was i put on 12/12 at 30 days regaurdless what the plants said. the nodes were not uneven. that took 3 weeks before the nots altered. then i tossed 4 males a hremie and a ladie by accident. "i know" pow! she was tangled in tieing mode and cut the bottom clear off. sorry ma'am.
anyhow, i'm tieing doen shoots not to mention the main stalk. the box is well grown. 54 days now and the tops are looking nice. i thing i'm gona be ok here. i was experimenting with what happens with what i read alot. 4 weeks veg. 8 weeks flowering/budding & 3 weeks harvest. not true.
i will figure out how to picture them and bring them to you guys so you can evaluate my issue.
RIZ: sorry man. it was hot, in my shop office, looking for a quick answer. was not a happy camper but never do i lash back to often at anyone. thanks for the insight because you are right, pictures pictures pictues when you have a problem like mine. please except my sincere apoligy.
this forum is my friend. it took me where i am in my hobby. taught me 90% of what i learned til now. thanks everyone for that......

bunkin2 said:
hi there.
my grow seems very good. 4 plants, 5.5h x 5w x 3.5d box, 600w hps.
foxfarm nutes every 3rd water. alot of tieing down, across etc. still the plants look great filling the box with shoots. BUT, no signs of budding. today is 51 days flowering stage.
i started flowering 30 days into veg. nodes were not uneven at the time. they grew 3-4 times the growth, as i said very well. i'm confused somewhat of why the budding hasn't taken place yet. no light leaks, on 12/12 51 days.
this is my first full inside soil grow. venting is good. 1 comp fan in 2 comp fans out. it gets very hot in the box at times *100. no problems except nats but got rid of them with ideas from the forum.
i suppose my question is: is this normal? should i, or would it harm things to go dark 14 or even 16 hrs. a day?
again. thanks as always for your help.

To start, is thirty days enough for the vegetative stage? Do you think that you might be pushing it there?

Second, 100 degrees is too hot. Plants are pretty comfortable in the temperature ranges that humans are comfortable in. If you feel the inside of the box and its like a furnace in there, your plant probably agrees with that assessment.

Third, you might just have some males. Do you know what you're looking for in that regard?

is thirty days enough for the vegetative stage?
Yes this is sufficient. You can flower a plant before it has alternating nodes, I do it all the time for space reasons. You won't lose anything and your buds will form fine flowering before the plant is mature. What will happen is your plant won't produce flowers until the plant matures or the nodes alternate. My ww clone still doesn't have flowers at day 10 flower but her nodes alternated yesterday so i'm expecting hairs any day now:D.

Latest posts

Back