NO! Mr. Frosty

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadhooka

Junior Grower
Reaction score
They're saying frost fo' sho' tonight. and a hard freeze just north.:mad: So I'm going back out to tuck her in tonight. Her name is Daphne now!:D I'll try for some pics later tonight.

Is it good to mix some bonemeal with water for a big flowering girl?

The directions only talked about mixing it in the soil.

and how much? the stuff is 5-12-0

If you are truly concerned mist her down good. But otherwise she will take a frost just fine. Might even give Daphne some pretty colors:eek:

I don't get it Star, mist her with water?

What does that do?

Bone meal doesn't dissolve in water very well, I don't recomend that method. Hopefully some of it soaked in anyway.

Daphne finally started budding!:woohoo: Now if she makes it through the night it should be smooth sailing for a few weeks.

My girl pales in comparison with Lady Green and SmokinMom's babies!

Enjoy the fresh pics MP explorers :)

100_0609.JPG

100_0611.JPG

100_0614.JPG

yea up toward the north end too, its cold as hell outside right now, someone tried tellin me to cover my greenhouse up with a blanket i looked right at him and said what are u retarded thats like wearing white to a funeral it'll stick out like sore thumb, but highly doubt this cold will do much. its when it freezes, freezes is when u gotta worry.

The trick with misting during frost/freeze is that the water will act as an insulator. So that the plant matter does not freeze.

Bone meal doesn't dissolve in water very well, I don't recomend that method. Hopefully some of it soaked in anyway.
..put it in an old sock, tie the top and soak it in a bucket like a "teabag"...

The Star said:
The trick with misting during frost/freeze is that the water will act as an insulator. So that the plant matter does not freeze.

Sort of the same concept as sweat insulating the bottom of firewalkers feet, only on the cold side of things. hmmm.....interesting.:cool2:

Latest posts

Back