northeast outdoors frost

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

middieman440

i am unknown
Reaction score
hey guys put my 3 plants outside lastnight 2 seedlings one plant at about a month and a half old will this light frost kill them or am i good

ddduuddee! why have them outdoors if you have the choice !

middieman440 said:
hey guys put my 3 plants outside lastnight 2 seedlings one plant at about a month and a half old will this light frost kill them or am i good
some what strain dependant, but "light" frost,usually won't kill them.
An hour or two of below freezing temps, they usually survive, a few hours of freezing temp's can be fatal, especially for seedlings.

i have more plants just put 3 out because i had no more room for the rest of my seedlings,the 2 small seedlings are a haze strain that been growing in these parts for 20 something yrs,the other one is auto ak/auto bb<50 something days old and no signs of sex so not wasting the electricity on it if its going to be a male you know..well i will check them today....

If you think it will frost just cover with something that makes a small tent over the plants, that way frost can not fall on plants. I gallon jug of water that has set in the sun all day will give enough heat off to protect plants when placed under the "tent"( old shirt, sheet, blanket etc) When the dew fall this is what the frost is frozen moisture from the air.

Its getting down in the 30s at night in my section of the northeast. I would say its still a little to cold for any size plant especially a young one. Im waiting till the first May to put all of mine out.

Let us know what happens.

We might get snow on Tuesday..Where is our Spring? 2 sunny day 5 crappy days:(

no snow near me at all

i put 5 outside yesterday..mine are fine and im in the same area as u r..weather is looking good:]

except for this dam rain but its a good thing because everything is gonna be green haha sposed to be very nice out after the rain leaves

Hey Maine harvest...Did you put your babies out on the first of may? I just put 2 out and am worried about a 32 degree night coming up soon. Just wondering because we have had quite a few frosts this may south of ME.

What's everyone think about the 32 degree night? Anything to worry about? They are good size bushes and the strain is sour diesel.

Latest posts

Back