Nova's Northern Light, White Widow, Top44 Grow! (And More...)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eyeslikedonuts said:
'Sup dude :ciao: try using tweezers or a razor blade and gently crack the tip of the seed along stem and replace back in water, guarantee you'll see taproot within hours. sometimes the husks are too thick for water to penertate and trigger cell division. dont foret to add a lit'l h2o2 in the water, oxygen deprivation = dead beans.my 0.02. peace, e :bong2:

Thanks for the input! Im gonna let them soak in the paper towels for one more day, and then im going to try this! When you say stem, do you mean the pointy end of the seed or the blunted end of the seed. Im assuming you mean blunted end of the seed as that where it looks like it was connected to a "stem'.

It's kinda strange actually, the original 3 beans i put in are substantially darker than the ones i put in there today, in fact, they are almost black lookin instead of that pretty tan color. Strange none the less, i dont know what it means, maybe its just the water penetrating slowly and thats what caused the color to change....

Nova

Nova said:
When you say stem, do you mean the pointy end of the seed or the blunted end of the seed. Im assuming you mean blunted end of the seed as that where it looks like it was connected to a "stem'. Nova

'Sup Nova :ciao: I apologize for misinforming and confusing you. What i meant to say was crack it along the "seam" on the pointed end. I hate it when i dont proof read before i sumbit a post hehe. good luck man. peace, e :bong2:

i wouldn`t crack the seed yourself until atleast 2 weeks of various methods of germination attempts, that`s a deffinate "last resort" man.
just keep on what your doing now-the cup of water and paper towel methods, you should leave them sealed in the bag with paper towels (dampened),sit them on top of your monitor or power-pack-any warm object, and leave for 3 streight days.
after you`ve exhausted these methods, only then you should try crack the seed with a sterile razor,"IMO".

shuggy4105 said:
i wouldn`t crack the seed yourself until atleast 2 weeks of various methods of germination attempts, that`s a deffinate "last resort" man.
just keep on what your doing now-the cup of water and paper towel methods, you should leave them sealed in the bag with paper towels (dampened),sit them on top of your monitor or power-pack-any warm object, and leave for 3 streight days.
after you`ve exhausted these methods, only then you should try crack the seed with a sterile razor,"IMO".

Ya, they were in the towels for like 2.5 days, not a single crack! I moved them to a shot glass filled with luke warm water for a day, and still no crack. So now they are back in paper towels....

Is it wierd that they have turned a blackish color....? Ive never seen a MJ bean do that, but then again, each bean/strain is like a person, different!

Nova

yeah, they get darker when using the "cup of water" method, you should have given the beans a bit more time in the water though.
patience is a virtue "we" all have to have bundles of,lol.

shuggy4105 said:
yeah, they get darker when using the "cup of water" method, you should have given the beans a bit more time in the water though.
patience is a virtue "we" all have to have bundles of,lol.

I have never used the cup of water method, i didnt know if it was gonna require a day or a week, figured i would give the water a try for a day and see what happens....maybe ill stick them back in the water then.....

Thank shuga-shuuuuuuuuuuug! :cool:

Nova

generally i will scuff them with sandpaper and soak in water. Cracking starts usually in a day or two. Tap root at 3 or 4 days.

no probs man,give the glass a lil` stir from time to time, to keep the water oxygenated.

Seems im gettin alot of feedback on this soak method, so tonight im gonna pull the beans and stick them in a sterile shot glass full of water....

Let's see what happens.... :hubba:

So i just got done givin the lil beans a gentle scuff and into the water they went. One of the beans i picked up with my tongs and it fell apart, like to the point where my tongs pinched together and damaged it, i dont think it will live. All the other were fine, and gave the end of them a gentle squeeze with the tongs and a very faint pop was heard and i could see a glimpse of white, i made sure not to squeeze too hard, just enough to heard that very faint pop of the seed cracking.

I also checked on my remaining white widow seeds, and from both i could see a small sliver of white shining through, so i kept them in the paper towels, and hopefully by morning i will have some real progress....

I cant wait for my beans already in my jiffy pellets to pop through, i check like hourly, hahaha, i know i got a couple more days on it. Im eager though, this is my first strain grow, so im very anxious, nervous, and a bit apprehensive about it. When its just bagseed, its no biggie, but these are special to me, i picked each one out cuz it had something special i would like to see and smoke. Ultimately, im gonna cross my purple #1 and my white widow, and see what i get! Hopefully some whurple widow! :D

Nova

Went and checked on the 5 top44 seeds and still no taproots or nothing, they were in paper towels for about 3-4 days and have been soaking for about 2 days now.

Also, the two remaining white widow beans havent germ'd either. im getting a bit worried, but let's see whats happens!

well hope everything goes well, i usually soak the beans overnight, take them out and place them in a dvd case with paper towel, set it on top of your monitor with it turned on and presto, change the paper towel everyday.
heres my first pure cfl grow results.
IMG_0153.jpg

good luck!

don`t worry man, they will. it`s up to you if you want to change the paper-towel every day, IMO, i wouldn`t. keep it damp though...

So two of the Top44 beans started to show a tap root and i planted them in jiffy cubes and put the rest of the other babies. I also went and thre the rest of the Top44 into a paper towel tonight as well as the rest of my White Widow beans! Let's see what pops up right, the more i have germing, the more of a chance i have of gettin a better female to male ratio, hopefully 100% fems!

So in the mean time, those beans that were put into jiffy cubes already still have no sprouts, but i am sure they are working under the soil, and patience is needed.

I have noticed the Top44's have an abnormally thick outer-shell on the seeds, so a soak may be needed, but im gonna see how this paper towel thing works. Maybe those seeds were just a rare bunch....

Hey Nova just thought id stop in been reading your thread and I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the seeds but it looks like your luck is changing good luck and hope they all end up ladies:D

Hey have you tried to just pop a seed in soil? that's how i do all mine and never have a problem i make a little hole with my finger put the seed in brush the soil over it and spray the pot like every three hours if i can always keep the soil wet until your seed sprouts anyways every time i do it this way i get 100% germ rate never once have i had problems and only takes two three days tops under 24 hour light good luck peace

Sticky_Budz said:
Hey Nova just thought id stop in been reading your thread and I'm sorry to hear that you are having a hard time with the seeds but it looks like your luck is changing good luck and hope they all end up ladies:D

Hey have you tried to just pop a seed in soil? that's how i do all mine and never have a problem i make a little hole with my finger put the seed in brush the soil over it and spray the pot like every three hours if i can always keep the soil wet until your seed sprouts anyways every time i do it this way i get 100% germ rate never once have i had problems and only takes two three days tops under 24 hour light good luck peace

That's how i was doing it, but i wasnt using jiffy cibes at the time either, just plain on black gold seedling mix. I think i may try to just pop one in the soil and see what happens....I got all these strains sittin around....lol

So i went and did my daily check on the germing babies, and what did i find?

IM A DADDY!!!!!

One of my Nirvana - Misty's popped up and is growing strong. The other one is my Dutch Passion - Purple #1, and it is already showin that beautiful purple phenotype!

Im so happy...i cant wait for the others to pop as well!

cimg0279td1.jpg

Latest posts

Back