nutrient meter - anybody using?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kanehduhbuz

Reaction score
:( as per my thread dated 5/16, does anyone use a bluelab truncheon nutrient meter? if your not using this specific meter, what are u using + what readings are you trying to obtain during the various stages of growth. ive searched as many threads as i could but i have not been able to find this info anywhere.:cool:

I use 2 diferent meters one is ferry morse ph and fertilizer analysis meter and confused as hell both give diferent ph readings.

:headbang: :cool: i now have a oakton ph tester + a bluelab truncheon nutrient meter. the ph i believe s/b between 6.5 + 6.8 (soiless mix) the ppm readings i have no idea of what to aim for. the meter has 4 different calibrations readings - the ph meter read 6.7 when i watered this morning, but the waste had a ph of 5.8 the waste nutrient reading was CF32.just about off the dial.probably to hi but the plants seem to be o.k.any help here would be appreciated.:)

:eek: tks irishman - i have the meters now - what i dont have are the ppm readings to aim for.:rolleyes:

hey man right now i shoot for 1200 ppm but i use a ton of nutes from the advanced nutrients line at medium feeding schedule.........i also grow in coco coir...............anything over 1600 ppm is very heavy feeding............the way i test is to water w/ plain distilled water and then catch the first trickles of water out of the bottom.......this will give you an accurate reading................like i said i use AN nutes and here is the feeding schedule that i use..............

http://www.advancednutrients.com/nutcalc3public/nutrient_calculator.html

hope this helps.........i buy at a discounted rate and the guy i buy from gives me super advice on ppm and such......this is my 3rd time around and i get better and better each time loet me know if you want the guys number and website just send me a private message............

peace

hey Irish...good to get a response.

I am new to hydro...I am work'n with a bubbly system with coconut baskets holding rockwool, and useing gen hydro's floramicro, florabloom & floragro.

Ok on to what I know...I know what a ppm meter is.....(I think it reads ppms of a give'n chemical). So thats about all I know.

I am look'n around for info on what is the need to know on ppm's for pot...and I am still not clear on what the #'s would be. I know what ppm means (parts per million), but I dont understand the monitering of ppm's.

I wonder is a meter inserted into say one of my ferts...then inserted into my plants water...or??

Mahalo

allglad said:
hey Irish...good to get a response.

I am new to hydro...I am work'n with a bubbly system with coconut baskets holding rockwool, and useing gen hydro's floramicro, florabloom & floragro.

Ok on to what I know...I know what a ppm meter is.....(I think it reads ppms of a give'n chemical). So thats about all I know.

I am look'n around for info on what is the need to know on ppm's for pot...and I am still not clear on what the #'s would be. I know what ppm means (parts per million), but I dont understand the monitering of ppm's.

I wonder is a meter inserted into say one of my ferts...then inserted into my plants water...or??

Mahalo

To clarifiy, PPM is parts per million of total disolved solids or TDS.
What this means is how much disolved solids you have in your water or nute. solution.
Its not a measurment of a perticular fert. or anything just the total disolved solids.

Most nutes say on the bottle what PPM you shoot for depending on your situation/plants so it vary's.

EX. my Floranova says 300 ppm for seedlings, 600 for most plants early growth, 1200 most plants later growth, 1800 max strength for rapidly growing plants.
I use it at about 25% less strength than recomended.

So mix your 3 part in the porportions listed on the bottle's for your stage of growth, and measure the PPM's of the mixed solution and adjust as needed.

Latest posts

Back