Nutrients, Which to use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankDAnna

Reaction score
I have used Dyna-Gro, Dyna-Bloom on my first grow. I wasn't really as knowledgable at the time and am not really sure whether it was a good nute or not. So if anyone has any info or feedback about using these please let me know.
http://www.bghydro.com/BGH/itemdesc.asp?ic=NLDGG&eq=&Tp=

I was also browsing and found some new nutes that look right up my alley. Has anyone ever used these or have any feedback on them?
http://www.htgsupply.com/viewnutrient.asp?nutrientID=23698601

Thanks for any info.

I've used General Hydroponics "Flora Series" 3 part nutes for my grows for quite some time. It's great stuff.

If you decide to use it, make sure you ask me about the real strengths you need to mix it at. The ones on the bottle are too strong.

Stoney Bud said:
I've used General Hydroponics "Flora Series" 3 part nutes for my grows for quite some time. It's great stuff.

If you decide to use it, make sure you ask me about the real strengths you need to mix it at. The ones on the bottle are too strong.

I was thinking of 2 part nutes, since they are pretty simple. I was basically looking to find which of the 2 posted above, would be better for my 10 White Widow ladies.

thanks for letting me know about general hydroponics nutes though, if i do decide to take your advice i will surely contact you about the mixing instructions. thanks again.

GH 3 part here as well. You really need look no further.

SFC said:
GH 3 part here as well. You really need look no further.

You, you, you......grower, you!

hehe, it is nice stuff.

can one of you provide me with a link to a store that carries this product?

Stoney Bud said:

Hey Stoney,

What formula do you use? I use the GH 3 part as well and I've always found them to be a bit strong...

I agree with the consensus GH all the way home!! They have a few other additives that are great, you need to get hygrozyme as well. It is not made by GH but it helps for sure. It is very expensive but its worth it in the long run. ;)

Stoney Bud said:

I've been using the Flora series as well for 5 years or so now.

It's worked VERY well for me, you just need to get comfortable with it since as Stoney said, it's very strong.

I use a slightly different schedule than what is on the bottle, since it is too strong; especially to start with.

The only thing I add is Kool Bloom. The combination of these two are amazing.

Both GH Flora and especially Kool Bloom are very strong, so be careful! Start low and step it up gradually, noting what the plant likes...

Good luck!

bono said:
Hey Stoney,

What formula do you use? I use the GH 3 part as well and I've always found them to be a bit strong...

No nutes on new seedlings.

On sexually mature plants until they are 6 inches tall, 1/8th strength.

From 6 inches to 12, 1/4 strength.

From 12 to 18, full strength.

Flowering, full strength.

This is all at the ratio that is on the bottle depending on vegging or flowering.

FrankDAnna said:
I was thinking of 2 part nutes, since they are pretty simple. I was basically looking to find which of the 2 posted above, would be better for my 10 White Widow ladies.

thanks for letting me know about general hydroponics nutes though, if i do decide to take your advice i will surely contact you about the mixing instructions. thanks again.

Try GH Floranova its a one part nute no mixing unless you want to add some enhancers, works great for me!

I used "supernaural two part" for my first hydro so I have nothing to compare it to. I will say this, my hydro plants were started the same time as dirt and they are almost twice as big during week 3 of bloom. The supernatural is great cuz its PH buffered so no worries there.

stunzeed..

Growdude said:
Try GH Floranova its a one part nute no mixing unless you want to add some enhancers, works great for me!

Can you post a link for me? thanks a bunch anyone. im very intersted in this product.

This is the thing. MOST nutes will work resonably similar. The difference maker is going to be the fine details. Water temp, PPM, O2 levels. Thats where you will see some of the more expensive nutrients start showing what they can do. If you dont pay attention to the details then you can "pretty much" try anything at your local grow shop. Try different stuff in a "side by side" envionment so you can see what works for you and not give in to the hype machine. Good luck bro.

Stunzeed..

Latest posts

Back