Oh God The Cable Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithgrown

R.I.P. Dime Bag
Reaction score
ok so i come home from work today to see the attic open in my garage. my stomach dropped!!!!! i guess my wife had call the cable guy due to some minor problem and he had to check some stuff in my attic. well thats where my grow space is!!! he didnt say anything about it and said everything checked out. all the cable stuff is near my inclosed with black plastic grow space but nothing was moved. he seemed cool but im really noid!!!!!! what to do????

Does your wife know you are growing? Seems like she shld hve talked to you before calling the cable company...

eh I got busted by the DTV guy...then he asked me all sorts of growing ?'s and wrote down what products I use..no issues from it at all...everything is harvested and safe ;)

get rid of it all not worth jail time

smithgrown said:
ok so i come home from work today to see the attic open in my garage. my stomach dropped!!!!! i guess my wife had call the cable guy due to some minor problem and he had to check some stuff in my attic. well thats where my grow space is!!! he didnt say anything about it and said everything checked out. all the cable stuff is near my inclosed with black plastic grow space but nothing was moved. he seemed cool but im really noid!!!!!! what to do????

I have found that most of the people who smoke pot don't care about what you're doing, and most of the people who don't smoke don't know what they are looking at when they look right down on your grow. That leaves the rest... people who want 'the best for you' and have been trained to seek out grows and have people busted, and that leaves the cable guy out, cuz he's no cop he works for a living... and the 'concerned citizen' which most blue collar workers are not, like i said he works for a living, he won't care if he recognized it. I'd have offered him some. I had a similar situation with a new basement i had poured, all the telltale signs were there even if the grow area was dismantaled, too much electrical, too much venting, a lot of equipment on shelves, mylar rolls and such, two other bare rooms to dismantle that i called 'dark rooms' while his son snickered. He had me pegged. Toward the end of their work i asked if the boss wanted some smoke, he said that it caused his lungs too much trouble (concrete emphysema), the son caught up with me the next day and delightedly took a baggy home. Quit worrying.

oh, and kill your wife.

just kidding. really tho, have a word with her about being stupid.

Most construction type guys pride themselves on not being a rat.I have been a cable guy in the past and you know I wouldn't tell.I would tell the home owner I saw it and they were cool though.

well the good thing is he didnt see anyhting. its all inclosed but might have smelled a bit. Not to be racist at all but he was a jolly chill black guy and seem like he might get stoned himself. as for the wife she said i know. i know but i didnt know what to do. lol guess i will have to take care of the cable probs from know on. oh and i dont have a large grow only 2 plants so its not like im trying to supply the whole county...lol

Still a dangerous situation.

Weigh the facts carefully. Be safe.

That is not racist.Black folks pride themselves on not ratting to the cops.Your good man,Im white but I would be more worried about a white cable guy and not a black one at all.Cool dogs by the way.I like cattle dogs and healers.

thanks bro i love my dogs. dont know if you know dirtyolesouth but he has the same type dogs they r great. thanks everyone for the opinions. i am going to leave it up there even though im sure i will be a little stressed for the next few days...lol

I hve to agree with mindzeye...if it was going to be a problem you wld not be posting in this thread....you wld be in jail already...either he did not see anything, or he did and cld care less...if he was Johnny do gooder he wld hve already made the phone call and that wld be that....

hmm even on a sunday? do pigs work on sunday? lol. yeah im feeling better bye the hour. just kinda makes me rethink my grow space. i thought the attic was great but as always my ideas are sometimes questionable at best. thanks again guys happy growing.

My mom got me cable for xmas and i came hope to a cable box right next to my jars and my bubbler....sure wish she would have warned me but i agree....they must see a lot of crazy stuff and they dont have any reason to be narkin....but then...i dont know i still might think about moving it..its hard to tell if it didnt just happen to me..

ya but if this guy gets popped far anything and faces jail time and can avoid it it by selling you out my money is on selling you out. rule number one nobody should know. i would stop wait some time and restart at diff location. is a couple oz worth 5-10 in the slammer depending your laws. check your laws in state if slap on hand keep it if penality is mand jail well the choice is obvious

dr pyro said:
get rid of it all not worth jail time

no disrespect to the doc, but I was a cable guy for 2 years (recently..from 2007 to now) and I will tell you that no one..not any supervisor..not any technician..not any call center person...

absolutely no one would care...period...

I never met a cable guy who would work 8 hoursa day, then go and rob a customer at night...matter of fact, all the cable guys I knew wouldn't even tell a friend where this was if the friend showed unusual interest...

maybe not rob him but lets say cable go gets arrested for poss of crack heroin and he has 2 priors now he faces jail time. 95 percent of people will panic and crumble. his job probally lost so waht does he have left except stay out of jail. he will rat i can gaurantee it why chance it to me couple of oz is not worth me losing job,home,wife,kids the choice is simple if harsh penalties in your area. in my area first offense is a misdamenor so slap on the hand worth it to me.if my state had mand 5 yrs forget it i would be on this forum

that's exactly what I'm sayin Doc...

Belive me, despite over 1000 employees in my area alone, it's a real small industry)

I've never even heard of a cable guy with "two priors" (wouldn't pass a backround check that ALL cable companys perform)

or strung out on crack or facing jail time...what kind of cable company do you think they're runnin;)

they'er just a bunch of hardworkin(mostly:)) guys and gals who want to do their crap and go home safe..I speak from intimate personal experience..
Again, I see what you're sayin Doc, and I totally respect that...

Latest posts

Back