Oh No Guess what I think I've done

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Artfan

Artfan
Reaction score
I think my budding female african bush plant is heading fast towards providing me with a zillion seeds. I just checked the swelling pods for trich development and thought to my self those seed pods look awful big and shelling like peas. Has she been fertilised? should I stop the plant at this stage from progressing any further?
Peace
Artfan

Gotta pic of it?:postpicsworthless:
(always wanted to use that one :p)

Hi Mutt
not sure if these show you what you need to see. I will take a fresh photo tomorrow if these do not answer the problem. thanx for the reply.
Peace
Artfan
ps these pics were taken a week ago.

P9270031.JPG

P9270029.JPG

It's possible that you've got a hermie there. Sometimes the calyxes will swell so big with resin in an unfertilized female, that it'll look like there *has* to be seed in them. The only sure way of telling is to open one and look.

If there is a seed, then you've got a hermie. If it's only full of resin, then that's much better.

Good luck man!

Artfan said:
I think my budding female african bush plant is heading fast towards providing me with a zillion seeds. I just checked the swelling pods for trich development and thought to my self those seed pods look awful big and shelling like peas. Has she been fertilised? should I stop the plant at this stage from progressing any further?
Peace
Artfan
i would say that it got fertilised or it is a Hermie. Was it with a male at one time because that would be the only way it would of gotten fertilised if not then it is a Hermie is this plant with other plants or is this your only one? if its your only plant than id say keep it because it will produce you buds but it will have seeds.
well good luck on what ever you do latter

PS
if that plant did get fertilised by another plant of a good strain then you just made you own seeds for your next grow:hubba:

Artfan, they look like seed pods to me :( That's a shame, did you have some males nearby at some point? Or is it a hermie?

In any case, why not let them continue to grow, maybe get some decent smoke from it and also some seeds...not a total loss...unless that just doesn't work for your set-up...:confused2:

Thanks all for your replies.
Looks like I will have seeds forever lol. Definately seeds one just popped out and looks like it needs planting lmao. So do I now have to let it finish seeding? Will it still be smokeable/cookable lol? Anyone want any seeds (just joking). Peace
Artfan:
Ps and yes she did come into contact with a male, (although I thought I had seperated them sufficiently, never mind, in the famous words of robbie burns if all else fails try try try again.)

Stoney Bud said:
It's possible that you've got a hermie there. Sometimes the calyxes will swell so big with resin in an unfertilized female, that it'll look like there *has* to be seed in them.

Oohhh...that's very interesting StoneyBud!! Thank you for sharing that information! :D

Artfan said:
Thanks all for your replies.
Looks like I will have seeds forever lol. Definately seeds one just popped out and looks like it needs planting lmao. So do I now have to let it finish seeding? Will it still be smokeable/cookable lol? Anyone want any seeds (just joking). Peace
Artfan:eek:

Artfan, I had 3 females in my WW grow this summer and 1 male, so I took one lady and the gentleman away from the area for a 7-10 days or so :hubba: and in the end, harvested several hundred seeds from that one female...I'll have WW seeds for a long time!! Not a problem in my book!!

The male went to a friend of mine...don't know what he did with it...:eek:

it`s normal for the calyx`s to swell at the final stages of flower and look almost seeded, as Stoney Bud said.
is there any reason why she "would" have been pollinated?
can`t tell which from the pics-how old?

Latest posts

Back