Old computer fan questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chemdog226

Reaction score
Im going to use a 12v comp fan, but the only thing I have is a 15v comp speaker A/C adapter. Is that gonna be ok since its only 3v more than the fan?

Not sure about that one Chemdog226. Let me take a look around and see if i can come up with something for ya. ;)

Well after doing some searching i couldn't find anything but to use the 12 volt A/C adapter. I would say try and run it but i don't want ya to burn your house down ya know. :eek: I would either look around for a 12 volt or just buy one at Wally World for like $10. Who knows maybe someone else on here can chime in with some help. ;)

I would reccommend getting the suitable 12v adaptor. Items that are designed for 12v current ie. fans are designed to withstand a certain amount of heat.

You up the voltage, it gets hotter ... meltdown.

You can buy those multi adaptors that give out 3,6,9 or 12 v for a couple of euro. Just strip the wires and hook em up to the wires on your fan. Don't worry about how you wire it up, there's only 2 possibilities.

One way the fan will spin, the other it won't.

Yeah I looked through some boxes and behold! a 12v adapter for some old comp speakers and another fan. Fans run great now, thanks guys

Latest posts

Back