Old Fogey’s breeding project seeds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm trying to be nice so I will leave that assholes name out of my mouth. I think Fogey already knows how most on here feel about him and his God Damn crew. Glad the fkers are gone.

I am pretty good at getting along with everybody. I left MP because I got sick and tired of one member in particular(his name rhymes with queef) but there was a general feel to me that my views on topics not related to growing were unwelcome. Turns out my views were more unwelcome at the private site the former members started and that group wasn’t for me. I came back here researching something and saw that the current members were more rational(and frankly I liked reading the posts on ‘who is getting the jab’). The new MP has been welcoming and informative and most importantly, fun. I still appreciate all the help and knowledge I got from those former members and I don’t hate any of them(except queef, he is a tool). I just don’t feel like I have much in common with any of them other than growing weed and a sense of community and camaraderie is more important to me.

Your a good man Brother. And your words ring very true. I also got along very well with most of them until they started the Orange Man bad bullshit and wouldn't stop with the damn politics. I begged them to stop but all I got was banned.
Karma is a real ***** and they found that out the hard way. Because here I am and they are not.😁
Umbra did some nasty shit to some of us over at Firestax,,not to mention the crap he did here after you left.
Anyway it's water under the bridge my friend and we are glad you came back to hang with us bro.
Subject matter is now dropped and we will move on.

Last edited:
How long do folks veg clones before switching to 12/12 lighting if you are only interested in sexing them?
before sexing them? Didn’t you take them from a mother plant? I veg mine out until I have room to put them in flower my last stayed in veg for about six weeks until their turn in the tent then another week or two for them to get use to the lights before I go 12/12. I’m sure I missed something will have to go back a read why you are sexing clones.

before sexing them? Didn’t you take them from a mother plant? I veg mine out until I have room to put them in flower my last stayed in veg for about six weeks until their turn in the tent then another week or two for them to get use to the lights before I go 12/12. I’m sure I missed something will have to go back a read why you are sexing clones.
I know what I am doing is kind of assbackwards. The friend who will be growing these outdoors said he really wants some males(because of the genetics) as he wants to breed them with some of his genetics. I figured I would try to sex the plants for him(partly because I am bored and partly to see if it would work) but I didn’t want to flip the moms and then have to reveg them. The way I am doing it, the moms will be happy until they go to their new home but I will be able to tell him what plants are what sex. I’m all fairness, it probably doesn’t matter but I was interested in seeing if this would work. BTW-my clones are about all less than 4” tall and in about 1/8 of a cup of dirt so I am doing everything wrong. They surprised me by even rooting to be honest. I may even try to flower them out for laughs(pulling a gram or two off of each plant after harvest would be an epic fail as well as a victory)…

I know what I am doing is kind of assbackwards. The friend who will be growing these outdoors said he really wants some males(because of the genetics) as he wants to breed them with some of his genetics. I figured I would try to sex the plants for him(partly because I am bored and partly to see if it would work) but I didn’t want to flip the moms and then have to reveg them. The way I am doing it, the moms will be happy until they go to their new home but I will be able to tell him what plants are what sex. I’m all fairness, it probably doesn’t matter but I was interested in seeing if this would work. BTW-my clones are about all less than 4” tall and in about 1/8 of a cup of dirt so I am doing everything wrong. They surprised me by even rooting to be honest. I may even try to flower them out for laughs(pulling a gram or two off of each plant after harvest would be an epic fail as well as a victory)…
I would think that if you just want to sex them and not use them for smoking you could put them in 12/12 as babies and you would know in a few days so that your friend would know sooner. But if you plan on smoking them I always let them get really big so I end up with a decent draw

I would think that if you just want to sex them and not use them for smoking you could put them in 12/12 as babies and you would know in a few days so that your friend would know sooner. But if you plan on smoking them I always let them get really big so I end up with a decent draw
But then I would have to reveg them or toss them. This way I know what they are which would be handy to know for future grows so I won’t be vegging males(taking up space in my tent). It is a backwards way of mimicking a grow done with feminized seeds. Plus, as I said, I want to see if it will work. If it doesn’t, no biggie. If it does, I have that tool in my arsenal moving forward. I looked at the clones yesterday and I think they may be starting to show so I am stoked about that.

I missed that movie , maybe I was tripping
It was definitely psychedelic. Maybe would be a good one to watch while tripping but with a different soundtrack (like Dark Side of the Moon playing during Wizard of Oz). I was knee high to a grasshopper when it came out so LSD was just letters on Sesame Street for me at the time…

Latest posts

Back