Old leaf,- Mulch or Trash ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary18

Reaction score
Just a quick opinion poll here, what to do with dead leaf fall ?
Heard acouple different views on this, what do you do ?
Leave the leaf where it falls ?
Poke it into the soil ?
Trash it ?
Smoke it ( yuc ), ?
The leaf in question are naturally used up and fallen on their own or at the touch of a finger. Thx folks.
Remember " Some Dragons live Forever "

Wait till it falls off, then put in into compost or somewhere that is not recognizable. Dont forget trash bags rip and a load of material can come poring out if it rips when the garbage man picks that stuff up. I like to burn mine and creat a nice backyard insence. Its nice when your 2 feet away.

if they're dry enough i just turn them to dust and put them into a compost bin. but i agree not to toss them in the trash.

Thanks SM the link to sick plants was one of my concerns, my plants are pretty darn healthy but the chem that causes the dead fall to breakdown I would guess could change the chem/nut balance in the entire pot if left.
And Caretaker, I did, loved the pics, even made a note about it in the " FF vs MG " thread, I should have used another term rather then " Trash ", I would never use my public waste for anything I use in my garden. Thx

i filll a 5G with them. i let them sit on the cement floor until they are crispy then sweep them up into my bucket. once it is fulll i toss them on a fire with too much fluid and a few stick of nag champa. smells good.

Either compost into a garden or just crush them up into dust.

The LAST thing I want to get busted for is a big several pound sack of scraps...:eek: I think it all depends on where you live and the penalties but I don't want that kack around and I put all my clippings/dead leaves/anything mj into a special sack and periodically I'll take it with me and discreetly toss it in a low key dumpster somewhere. I get rid of it...

Peace!

Latest posts

Back