OMG! Georgia is STILL in the Dark Ages!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Storm Crow

Reaction score
hxxp://blog.norml.org/2009/08/12/georgia-lawmaker-calls-for-caning-executing-marijuana-offenders/

Georgia Lawmaker Calls For Caning, Executing Marijuana Offenders

August 12th, 2009 By: Paul Armentano, NORML Deputy Director

ga-house.jpg
[Editor's note: This post is excerpted from this week's forthcoming NORML weekly media advisory. To have NORML's media advisories delivered straight to your in-box, sign up for NORML's free e-zine here.]

State Republican lawmaker Tommy Benton (31st House District) favors “caning” minor marijuana offenders and “executing” those who sell the drug, according to a recent correspondence sent by the representative to a constituent.

In a July 29, 2009 e-mail (which was voluntarily forwarded to the NORML office), Rep. Benton wrote: “Thanks for the email. We will have to agree to disagree on this and whether or not money is wasted (by mandating the state to prosecute minor marijuana offenders). I am opposed to the legalization of marijuana. I think we should go to caning for people caught using and maybe execute dealers. [emphasis NORML’s] That would solve the problem as well. That is what they do in Singapore and they don’t have a drug problem.”

Caning is a form of corporal punishment consisting of up to 24 violent lashes with a long rattan cane that has been soaked in water. The procedure inflicts intense pain and deep, bloody lacerations that can take several months to heal.

Rep. Benton followed up his remarks in a separate e-mail on August 11 (also forwarded to NORML) in which he threatened to turn over the names of citizens who disagreed with his political viewpoints to local law enforcement.

He wrote: “You and your cronies want it (marijuana) legalized so you can get a hit anytime without having to worry about getting arrested. I have forwarded your email to the Lowndes County sheriffs [sic] office so that they can be on the lookout for you. [emphasis NORML’s] Consider this my last correspondence on the the [sic] subject to you or anyone else who shares your similar “conservative views’.”

Benton was elected to the Georgia House of Representatives in 2005.

sAng_banghead2.gif
sAng_scream.gif
sSig_aaarggh.gif
GAAAHsmiley.gif
And other expressions of disgust that the "bad word" censor would edit out!

You should read the comments over at NORML! Suggestions of "tar and feathering" are among some of the kinder comments! If you live in Georgia, be sure to get registered as a voter ASAP!- Apparently he's up for election next year! Be sure to spread this around to your friends!

We cannot allow such a barbarian remain in office!

(My sincere apologies to any Vandals, Huns or Goths for defaming you by putting you in the same category as benton.)

Granny :peace:

All I can say is WOW! I don't dare ask that rep. about how he feels about African Americans and how they should be treated. I bet his KKK dues are paid up. Man, what a piece of work. Please kick his butt to the curb next election.

word. Slowmo and i can def speak for the state, its perma screwed as long as the ultra, (kinda scary) hardcore bible beaters that rule this state are in power, we just need to breed em out of office, they get old, the young take over, end of story. Ill be waiting patiently for reform, but until then, im quitting growing in this state until i move.

LOL
SC here....LOL
non-violent crime punishment by violent painful unrelenting blows and/or execution.

don't care what they say that'll fly like a wet terd :p

I'l go in and dismanlte the hyperlink hell for ya. ;)

P.S. ..good thing about the "good old boy" politics....they get old and die :p
Prob is we gotta deal with there son which is typ. 100x worse LOL

That s**t head should move to singapore if he likes their ideals so much.
The US has more people in prison than any other country in the world, and still has crime so we can see how well that has worked. Idiot.

Latest posts

Back