One strain dropping leaves/6th wk flowering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-rex

Reaction score
Happy New Year Everyone!

Here's my question:

I have 2 strains; Black Domina and Purple Urkle both right at 6 wks flowering. The fan leaves on the Purple Urkle are slowly yellowing and dropping. Nothing on the Black Domina. The white hairs are turning amber on both strains. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the plants just using up the stored nutirents in the leaves at the end of the flowering cycle? Or do I have a problem? Is this more common on certain strains than others? I feel I just have a couple of wks till harvest. I took pics, but you can't see the difference because of the orange hue from the hps, so I didn't include them.

Thanks for your input,
T-rex

GOOD PICS are farther down on thread!!

Pics would help but dropping leaves is normal. Mine always start to yellow and fall off at the end. If its major let us see whats going on.

If they otherwise appear to be healthy I would say yes, they are using up the stored Nitrogen in them, I'm assuming you have been feeding a high P flowering nute with little to no N in it, so yeah, it's just doing it's thing. But you might want to post some pics just to be safe.

my plants are grown in a single tray same res same ferts and they react very differently to lowering N levels, one strain yellows quickly the other takes more time, in my case the plants with bigger bud are the ones that yellow first i think it's cuz the bigger plants need more food so they yellow quicker

I got better pics which show what I'm trying to explain.

T-rex

P1010002.JPG

P1010003.JPG

P1010004.JPG

How much time did you say you have left? I think its fine mine do that at the last few weeks I take off the real yellow (dead) leaves so the lower can get the light.

New growth looks great so Id say it using up the energy for the bud IMO. couple of tips looked like maybe some burn but it should be fine till harvest.

captain1 said:
New growth looks great so Id say it using up the energy for the bud IMO. couple of tips looked like maybe some burn but it should be fine till harvest.

The white hairs have been turning amber for about a week now, Does that give you a time left till harvest? Again it's only this strain in the grow that is doing this. So quite possibly it's just the Purple Urkle strain.

T-rex

Purple Urkel is a 60-65 day strain so your fine two weeks left give or take. And Black Domina Is a like a 6-7 weeker wow so ....

captain1 said:
By the Way GREAT 1st grow![/quot

I've learned alot this being my 1st time. Everyone really helped me on this site.

T-rex

They look just like they should...beautiful! Nice grow man!

legalize_freedom said:
They look just like they should...beautiful! Nice grow man!

You have given me some straight up advice these last couple of months.

Thanks,
T-rex

Latest posts

Back