optimal cloner res temps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old blue

Reaction score
I'm using a diy 1 gal. bubbler cloner, and having 100% success with it on day 8. But, what i was wondering is, what is the optimal temp you want the water to be. I have mine on low setting on a heating pad, and my temps are 85*. Altho i'm having success, is there a more optimal temp i should be shooting for? I was at around 76 without the pad.

oltomnoddy said:
Something new to me. I normally put cuttings in my ez cloner, 3 gallons of tap water with 2 drops of superthrive and presto 7-10 days I have rooted clones ready for rockwool plugs. I'm not pressed for time, I take the cuts from a Mother about 2-3 weeks before the chop.

Do u mean u take clones from her 3/4 thru flowering??? Do they have to root and then take even longer to revert back to veg? or is it just like taking clones from a mother in veg? I thought it was bad to take clones from a flowering plant, unless she's only a week or 2 into flower. Please clear this up, cause i'd much rather just take clones 4 or 5 wks before the chop, so i dont have to have them in veg for 8-9 wks, waiting for the flower chamber to be available.

try too take clones of vegging plants, but it is possible too clone out of flower

:rolleyes:
Is it faster from clone to flower or seed to flower? It just seems to me that when I see clones they look about one or two weeks old in Vegg (from the cutting size) and then it takes a week or two for it to root to where you can start it to vegg,,right?
So would I not have the same size plant or bigger from seed in that amount of time? Just curiuos.

from clone.cuts a lot of time unless you re-veg to get bigger plants.
why take clones from a plant that has not shown sex yet?does not make sense to me.i take all my clones from a proven lady.jmo

andy52 said:
from clone.cuts a lot of time unless you re-veg to get bigger plants.
why take clones from a plant that has not shown sex yet?does not make sense to me.i take all my clones from a proven lady.jmo

I seen this one guy who cloned and 12/12 the clones,, Knew sex of his vegging plants before they are ready for flower.. Think about it,,if ya take a clone way before you would flower your plants and put that clone into 12/12 you would know your plants sex before they were ready for flower. Maybe even save time vegging males. Am I right or Wrong? I personally dont know.:rolleyes:

oltomnoddy said:
Something new to me. I normally put cuttings in my ez cloner, 3 gallons of tap water with 2 drops of superthrive and presto 7-10 days I have rooted clones ready for rockwool plugs. I'm not pressed for time, I take the cuts from a Mother about 2-3 weeks before the chop.

What temperature are you keeping the water in your ezclone?

for the bubble cloners do you submerse the cutting in water or is it above to get misted by bubbles?

it is submerged in the water:rolleyes:

the bubblers are there to oxygenate the water....

you want the water to be about 70...and you want the cuts just above the brakeing bubble..IMO not submurged..I did that when i first made it..Massproduccer was the one that said have the cuts just above the bubbles..thats where the oxygen the clones needs to root..JMT..No offence TCVG..But I use these and am makeing more as we speak..They are what works 4 me the best..and when i made mine i had the luxury of massproduccer still beeing here and helping..I sure miss him..hope this helps someone:bolt::bong:

That crazy vancouver guy said:
ooops... my bad <cracks whip> :eek:

...obviously, I don't use it...:p

:rofl: no worries my friend..they do work great..:bolt::bong:

i do not like to add any extra stress to my plants,especially the ladies.if you throw one into flower,just to determine sex,then put her back into flower,to me thats stress.i fine the sex after i start flowering,then take clones.no stress and guaranteed ladies.they root easy also.

IMO..there is no add stress..what you did is stressed it all ready..IMO..by placing it back into veg and vegging for a week or more..the stress is relieved..I dont recommend you moving it back and forth..this will confuse the plant..I like to take clippings as i would clones..accept i dont do the under water cut..I just use clippers...place in glass of water..placed under 12/12 light cycle..you will know sex in 10 days..at that time..I know if i cloner her out..or chop him down..This Method allso works for cloneing..Hope this helps:bolt::bong:

Latest posts

Back