Organic mix for plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowin

Reaction score
well i am not able to buy vegetative growth serum for my ladies yet...low budget so
i asked my g-ma. and she told me that fruits and vegetables have some good vitamins in them. so my ? is is it good to shred these items up with some water let them sit for a day or two and lay it on top of my girls' soil?????
orange,apple-peels
spinach
broccoli
carrot
lettuce

and im out of this but
blueberrys or grapes????
:confused:

I don't grow organic so i am not sure...I wld worry about not knowing just how much of each nutrient my plants are or are not getting....General Hydroponics 3 part is relatively cheap...I think I got all 3 parts for like 35 bucks plus shipping...I love it...

All those things work great if you compost them first, just adding them / lying them on top of your plants soil does nothing but draw flies.

Duck is right, those things need time to break down in compost...fresh fruits like the oranges, are going to be very acidic, and would throw your ph all out of whack, I would think. Get a good soil, and you generally will not need any veg nutes for a few weeks.

Latest posts

Back