outdoor bud rot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dyannas son

Reaction score
has anyone had problems with this an what was you outcome,i was watering this morning an i noticed a grayish area on one of my buds upon further examination noticing it was rotting thr-out i cut off the bad bud -"branch" an got rid of it i checked all of the other buds on the plant an they have no sings of harm do you all think just that one branch was bad or is it gnna spread thru-out the whole plant shes got about 4 weeks left to finish up bout a 5 ft plant she is real healthy hard dense nugs already i would hate to lose one of my best plants it would break my heart :confused::confused:

I had a White Widow get bud rot this year already:(

I cut it out and began bringing her inside under a fan at night.
A week later she had more spots, so I chopped her down. Cut the bud rot out and smoke her.

Not much you can do if it's not in a bucket...it will spread like the H1M1 Flu:eek:
If you can supply a dry place and or sun, you might be able to keep it dry and stop the spread. It is the nature of the beast, outdoors!!!
Good luck bro!!!

My lot got rained on overnight one week ago. I shook off the water and tied up the heavily budded branches. Today I found bud rot in my prized main cola and in two large buds on another. Fortunately I caught it in time and am prepared for harvest if necessary since they are only about one week out. I learned a lesson today; should have kept them dryer.

Me too. My Mango got rained on once, but the top buds were 8-10" long and so dense, the moisture stayed in there. I saw rot on one big one and chopped all big ones. I found a couple more with rot. I trimmed them, hung on hangers with a lot of moving air inside and they are fine. Well, except for being 2 weeks early, but I could have lost lots more if I didn't see that one bad one the first day.I lost half a zip to rot. last year, it was 2 elbows lost to rot.

My outdoor girls are in containers and very portable. Next year I will move them inside the garage when it rains!

Latest posts

Back