outdoor growing???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmin

Reaction score
few questions: ok stoney bud pointed me twards lookin at the hours of daylight and darkness chart..... now i live in the north east and by the end of september it goes to about 12/12 ... what was my question... oh yeah... because frosts start early in september.. would i want to cut the plants down early??? or would they be good and ready to cut after 3 months? i've only done one outdoor grow.. and i lost my plants in the field... lol i forgot where they were.... what are the real differances you need to look at when considering i am an indoor grower??? i know that the scent of human urine keeps the deer away.. so i got that one covered... what do you suggest to keep the bugs out of my buds??? i'm growing in a hayfeild will that be a problem??? granted they don't chop it down till october anyway.... ummm ok i think that covers my thoughts as of now... thanks yall

Are you sure they wont cut the hay field? Most people around here cut it two or three times a year...Sevin dust (vegetable dust) will keep the bugs off of the plants. With helicopters searching for marijuana I don't know if I would put the right out in the middle of a hayfield. If the copters or Landowner didn't find them, someone else would I'm sure....

the person who own the land cuts once a season.. he is more interested in seeds with his other fields than... the hay... i am growing more twards the outskirts... i figured right in the center would be kinda obvious... usually the hay gets above my head by about 2 ft... and i'm about 5'4 soooo i thought it might be some cover... besides me.. and deer... and other animals.. bears... wolves.. cyotes.... foxes.. groundhogs... squirrels... ect i'm really the only person who walks the field... at least until late sep. mid october.. thanks for your tip on the veggie dust :)

No problem. You can get sevin dust at most hardware stores, or garden centers... If he only cuts it once a year, it should be fine around the edges. Try to make sure your plants get as much as the morning sun as possible. Also, try not to leave a path. Good luck .:)

Latest posts

Back