outdoor hps conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tupapi

Reaction score
whats crackin I recently seen an hps lamp for outside wit a 70w bulb and something bout 250w output and its suppose to be energy efficient as well. I was wonderin if i can convert to indoor use and put a bigger bulb as well

tupapi said:
whats crackin I recently seen an hps lamp for outside wit a 70w bulb and something bout 250w output and its suppose to be energy efficient as well. I was wonderin if i can convert to indoor use and put a bigger bulb as well

I'm sorry, but none of this makes sense. A 70W HPS is a 70W HPS and it does not and cannot put out 250W. I don't understand the energy efficient thing at all--70W is 70W--250W is 250W :confused:. HPS lamps are made for a specific wattage bulb and that is all you can use in the fixture--you cannot use a larger wattage than the ballast is made for. Outside lights can be used indoors. We need better, more specific information. I don't have a clue what you could possibly be talking about and I know quite a bit about different kinds of lighting.

ok sorry bout that but it does use a 70w hps bulb and on the package it said something bout 250w im not sure what that meant either so thats why i was asking. this light was meant to be installed outdoors and the main question i have is how to change it so i can plug it in. i haven't bought the set yet i was checking to see if this would help my plants better than fluro(3200lumens). i heard 70w hps isn't really too good

tupapi said:

Sounds like a cfl bulb, sure it was HPS?

Latest posts

Back