outdoor --> indoor questions and more

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miah

Reaction score
i started mine late in sept/oct outdoors then moved them indoors.
how does that effect the plant? they started to flower just a tiny bit before moving them indoors....will this stop them from going back into veg? or will things be fine once they get back into veg cycle?

how many of you do 24/0? is there a noticeable difference compared to 18/6?

another question is....i have a MH and HPS, believe the MH is 250w or 400w and the HPS is 400w, should i run both during veg or just the MH?

i have (2) 4ft T12 flour soft white that i could use also, but havent been....should i have this on as well? with those 3 options of lighting available what would you all use?

right now my setup consists of 3 plants sitting inside of a dog crate with the lights sitting on top of the crate (fairly large dog crate). i have 2 fans blowing air around the plants. i have a heavy duty timer but have been running lights 24hrs/day. using just plain old hyponex potting soil. picked up some fish emulsion and added to the water. have a soil ph tester , but dont have a ph water tester, is that needed? bat guano on its way....
what else should i acquire or what else do you all suggest???

miah said:
i started mine late in sept/oct outdoors then moved them indoors.
how does that effect the plant? they started to flower just a tiny bit before moving them indoors....will this stop them from going back into veg? or will things be fine once they get back into veg cycle?

how many of you do 24/0? is there a noticeable difference compared to 18/6?

another question is....i have a MH and HPS, believe the MH is 250w or 400w and the HPS is 400w, should i run both during veg or just the MH?

i have (2) 4ft T12 flour soft white that i could use also, but havent been....should i have this on as well? with those 3 options of lighting available what would you all use?

right now my setup consists of 3 plants sitting inside of a dog crate with the lights sitting on top of the crate (fairly large dog crate). i have 2 fans blowing air around the plants. i have a heavy duty timer but have been running lights 24hrs/day. using just plain old hyponex potting soil. picked up some fish emulsion and added to the water. have a soil ph tester , but dont have a ph water tester, is that needed? bat guano on its way....
what else should i acquire or what else do you all suggest???
If your plant started to flower,you can put them back into veg,it will take some time a patience,to get your plant back into veg cycle.I run my plants under 24 of light durning veg.The reason I do that and not 18/6.IMHO,18/6 will let your plant streach durning the lights out,I keep it 24/7 to keep my nodes really close and tight.Hardly no streaching.With only three plants going,just using your MH you'll be fine.Save that HPS for flowering.Hyponex soil isnt the best you can use.Because it is sand based,and will tighten up like a rock,did you mix in any perlite into your soil?Your PH soil tester will be fine,just check your PH after you water your plants.When do you plan on starting to feed your plants?Keep it GREEN:hubba:

if i had all the options of lighting you have, i would use the cfl`s on the seedlings,this will keep your nodes nice n` tight as the cfls can be placed very close to the plant tops, like 2". then after about 4 weeks add the MH to finish off the veg phase.
"IMO" there`s no difference between 24/0 and 18/6, except the 18/6 cycle gives the HID lights a rest, which is what i prefer, personal choice really.
your gals may go a bit mutant for a while as they re-adjust back to veg-1 bladed leaves and stuff,but nothing to worry about. but pay attention and watch for balls appearing.
cfl`s and MH are best for veg, as they`re strong in the blue spectrum
for flower use the HPS, which is strong in the red spectrum and is best for flowering MJ.
and as allready said, you`ll need to start thinking about what nutes your going to use.
how old are they?

thanks for the fast replies...
as far as nutes go, i have no clue
what do you suggest? something that is easily available and low cost
not exactly sure how old they are, like i mentioned i started them outside in sept then recently brought them indoors maybe a week
i will take a pic of them

here is a pic of the plants

MJ%20004[1].JPG

I would suggest Grow Big for veg. and big bloom and tiger bloom for flowering,all made by fox farm heres the site,they got a spot in there to find out if there is a Fox Farm dealer by you. http://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/ The plants look a little streachy but thats from being outside,the MH will keep them nodes nice and close for you.Other wise they look healthy and happy,just remember that you take good care of your plants,your plants will take good care of you at harvest time.;) One last thing,do you have any perlite mixed in your soil?Keep it GREEN:hubba:

just got back from the store and picked up some medium soil and a bag g perlite, just transported them to bigger pots with about a 60/40 mix.
any suggestions on nutes that are commonly found at like home depot or lowes or walmart?

IMO:

your bigggest concern from moving an outdoor plant into indoor is
BUGS.

If I was you, i would spray all of them down with something,
and the soil. and get sticky paper and lay around the soil, to see
whats living in the soil.

indoors, these pest have no natural predators and given them optiimal
living conditions. Believe me.. Save yourself the headache later..

MrPuffAlot said:
IMO:

your bigggest concern from moving an outdoor plant into indoor is
BUGS.

If I was you, i would spray all of them down with something,
and the soil. and get sticky paper and lay around the soil, to see
whats living in the soil.

indoors, these pest have no natural predators and given them optiimal
living conditions. Believe me.. Save yourself the headache later..

i did notice bugs in the soil in the beginning, but i have since changed soil twice....do you still think i might have an issue??

i was worried about it going hermie

yeah dude, bugs can be a total pain in the proverbial "A", since you`ve noticed them there before i`d deffinately get some sort of pesticide-just to be on the safe side.
they have a habit of returning...
your plants will only "hermie" if they`re put under lots of stress, or if you have bad seed.
so far so good.
give nutes after the second week, get a range of nutes which have an N-P-K ratio of say
25-15-15, higher "N" for veg, only give 1/4 the stated dose at first and build up to the normal dose bit-by-bit.
for flower the ratio should be the exact opposite-less "N" but more "P", a ratio of 4-6-6 which is the same as 8-12-12.
"N"= nitrogen
"P"= phosphorus
"K"= potassium
there are also trace elements which MJ needs to grow, but i won`t baffle you with all that yet.

Latest posts

Back