"Outdoor plant of the year"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh it does bro, just to the eye it makes it seem like it. i love my little OD girls, I'm so proud of em, You'd think they were 15-20 footers lmao

meters....I think the one I have now says not to keep in soil for long periods...IDK..just would stay on WET after a spell

there are 7 plants there.looking from the front,you see 4.the side view pic,you can see only 2.the ground was roto tilled and got them in early spring.
why is 7 too many ??? your scaring me zig
i only fed once a month,plants did the rest

:ciao: Newbietoo

please say hello to you sweeepea

:48:

icefreon said:
Here is my little set up. 10 plants (from clones) in 30 gal. smart pots. Use GH bio bud series, 100% organic grow. Planted WAY to early (4/20). They are budding, but I think there root bound :( The nutes I feed twice a week seem to keep them healthy.

Hey Iceman, Very cool plants.
My comment/question; I went in on 4/20+/- also. It is IMO that if those plants were in good potting soil with amendments (in the ground), these would be 12 footers. Please, I am not criticizing, but trying to learn why so many peeps grow outside in pots. There is an advantage where they can be moved, but the drawback is obvious. Again, nice plants Bud.

Height constraints here Newbietoo. I'm in 30 gallon totes and am clearing fence line, with LST'ing. Peep my journal in my sig when you get a second.

Newbietoo said:
Hey Iceman, Very cool plants.
My comment/question; I went in on 4/20+/- also. It is IMO that if those plants were in good potting soil with amendments (in the ground), these would be 12 footers. Please, I am not criticizing, but trying to learn why so many peeps grow outside in pots. There is an advantage where they can be moved, but the drawback is obvious. Again, nice plants Bud.

I know I know, the guy at work hounds me about not putting them into the ground too. Heres why, I live on mostly rock, and the location they are in have a little canopy of oak for fly overs. I live in nor. CA. and I am growing on 2 recommendations, so its not a "legal" issue. Another reason, is not only the rock but the huge tree roots below them. I live on 7 acres of land, and where they are, I have power and water with-in 20 feet. I wouldnt "mind" putting them in the ground, but I dont have the money or know how to operate a back-hoe :p

Every year I learn a little more, and make changes the next year. This is my 3rd grow and largest yet. Who knows what future grows hold for me :)

i know some peeps do huge holes here which may be best, but mine are about 20 inches wide by 22 in. deep.am growing on an old compost pile(grass clippings and dead stuff).last year i had some funky stuff happen to my girls
halfway thru my grow.think roots might have run smack into something dead.so this year,put 4 in.of sand in the bottom of each hole. they APPEAR to love it.i did have a friend come over and rototill the whole area.i think my winded point is,wide maybe more than compensate for lack of depth.i know exist. roots suck.could add loam to raise the ground around plants?? just a thought.this is exciting time

did the math,4 yards of black loam,about $100., delivered,would raise a garden over a foot in height.again just thoughts. hope all goes well and your clippers are sharp : )

Newbietoo said:
there are 7 plants there.looking from the front,you see 4.the side view pic,you can see only 2.the ground was roto tilled and got them in early spring.
why is 7 too many ??? your scaring me zig
i only fed once a month,plants did the rest

Newbie, Sorry didn't mean to scare you. I didn't actually count all the plants but at a glance it looked like more plants. They do look very impressive.

icefreon said:
I know I know, the guy at work hounds me about not putting them into the ground too. Heres why, I live on mostly rock, and the location they are in have a little canopy of oak for fly overs. I live in nor. CA. and I am growing on 2 recommendations, so its not a "legal" issue. Another reason, is not only the rock but the huge tree roots below them. I live on 7 acres of land, and where they are, I have power and water with-in 20 feet. I wouldnt "mind" putting them in the ground, but I dont have the money or know how to operate a back-hoe :p

Every year I learn a little more, and make changes the next year. This is my 3rd grow and largest yet. Who knows what future grows hold for me :)

Sounds like me, Nor Cal, 7 acres, no soil for plants, plants in containers. Power and water, thirty feet, and two recs. Oaks farther away, but a pine or two on West side of garden to provide some afternoon shade for the girls. Me too, every year learn a little more, but sadly my largest was about three years ago.

Didn't catch your intro, so Welcome to MP and hope you enjoy yourself here.

Just got some new neighbors below us. I think they were scoping the grow yesterday while walking the dog over on the road. I wish I had known they were gonna practically give that home away when they sold it, I think I would have tried to buy it. Last I heard they wanted about $200,000 and then the day they moved in I saw it listed at $150,000. Then the neighbor next to them, said they got it a lot lower, hmmmmm....new neighbors. I think we are now the longest living here owners, in our little neighborhood. I think there are at least four or five of us with Recommendations. The guy who was growing a bunch (over 30) for non resident Rec's got busted and lost a bunch of plants a week or two ago. We now have a Zoning Ordinance Officer that rides around and scopes out who, and how many can have on one piece of land.

I ramble......good morning MP. :D

g'morning, tc . . . . believe me girl, I feel ya . . . I've had an empty 5 acre lot in back of me when i bought three years ago . . . . now its going into development . . . more than 20 structures:eek: . . .

I may sell my land to the developer and hit the road . . .

I'm from Massachusetts, own a nice lot in a residential neighborhood, married a sweetheart many years ago. started growing 3 years ago, when a friend gifted me 2 plants given to him. he was renting at the time. our state is up for MED. mj., this fall. heard latest poll rose from 60 to now 63% approval. I fall into RECOMMENDATION category I think. I would love to get this and possibly a caregiver.
Should I be ready in any way for this?? how??

these are my friends 2 plants.they're getting close,maybe 10-14 days from harvest,we think.they smell mm mm good.

0903121526[1].jpg

0903121528[1].jpg

0903121529[1].jpg

looks good newbetoo...but IMO..I think ya friend can push them a few weeks still....what are the trichs looking like?..very nice indeed

take care and be safe
:48:

He is getting pressure. lots! his wife says get them out now or else.he says trics. Look CLEAR !! I'd have to verify. so many guys with wife problems. kids always involved.
Anyway he was thinking about borrowing one of those bud trimmers. have you used before??
how much quality will he lose if he's right (trics are still clear).??THANKS

This isnt from experience, but i havent met a single member here that likes the automated bud trimmers. Titanium Fiskars are the way to go.

Latest posts

Back