Outdoor Strains for a beginner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Triggga

Reaction score
I was looking at 420-seeds.com and came across some nice looking outdoor varieties that say easy under their difficulty. Since im just starting i want to have the plants grow pretty easily just so i can get a handle on this since I have never done it before. The strains that caught my eye were

Hollands Hope and Purple Power.

Are there any other that I could consider? Has anyone grown any of the ones I listed before? I want a really hardy plant but with a nice potency.

All the bud in my area is pretty well grown so i cant find any seeds in my bags.

i used a nl cone and whitesatin outside last season and they were very easy and hardy ,esp as it was my first time outdoors and only my 2 grow ,,they got to 8.5ft and 5ft bushy ladies ,,and in uk weather :eek:

check out 420-seeds.com and maybe they have different names in different places i dunno. They are the two at the very bottom before the VISA/Mastercard etc sign.

Yeah..ever seen em before maybe called something else? I have never heard of Hollands Hope or Purple Power until i saw that.

depending on your usual weather at the end of your season you might want to look onto strains that are built for your climate
where i live my outdoor plants need high resistrance to mold because we get a $hit load of rain

I live in Canada and we typically have mild springs..hot summers with very little rain (although last summer it was raining a lot) and it begins to get cold around mid october.

ive never grew them ,,,and i dont no what it is we buy half the time around here so ,,i dont know ,but what ever you grow has got to be better than what u buy ,,,well most of the time :p

UKgirl420 said:
ive never grew them ,,,and i dont no what it is we buy half the time around here so ,,i dont know ,but what ever you grow has got to be better than what u buy ,,,well most of the time :p

I agree,,alot of good Bagweed(seed) if grown with care and harvested "correctly and cured" is alot better then what your gonna buy off tha street that is not taken care of, or harvested at the peak time.(which is most comm weed)

what about silver haze or purple white widow? Easy to grow? Good for a beginner?

where abouts in canada?
i live in lower mainland and need high mold resistence
i get my seeds from the vancouver seed bank
and i buy from the vancouver island seed company because they test their strains in the cold october weather

here, buddy... from one fellow Canuck to another... check out this guy... he lives around you so his seeds would be for yer area...

drgreenthumb.com

I'm growing some 'a his stuff, and things r great with me.... :aok:

Sweet man some of those look awesome. Just a quick question. For the yeild is that per plant or per pack of seeds?

cause im feeling the Matanuska Thunderfuck and it says it yields 2 to 3 POUNDS thats crazy.

it usually gives yield per plant, or by m2 if doing a SOG type grow... I think...:rolleyes:

but that is also misleading... those yields are from experience from the breeders... ie... professional growers, so those are done in optimum conditions, eh?
:cool:

awesome I think i found a winner. The only thing that troubles me is fall frost which it has poor resistance too. But i guess if I plant early it wont have to deal with that stuff right? Cause it doesnt start to get frosty till early Nov.

That crazy vancouver guy said:
it usually gives yield per plant, or by m2 if doing a SOG type grow... I think...:rolleyes:

but that is also misleading... those yields are from experience from the breeders... ie... professional growers, so those are done in optimum conditions, eh?
:cool:

yeah I get what your saying. So i could have nowhere close to that yield if I dont keep it in optimum conditions. Thank god i still have a few months to learn because I want to try and get the highest yield possible.

don't expect noth'n, and you will never be dissapointed... just have fun do'n this as a hobby, and you will always be more than happy with the result.... ;) :cool:

Latest posts

Back