outside grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

princeofpimpz

Reaction score
can you grow marijuana outside and just water it but dont give it any nutrients

it can but your crop won't be nearly as good. The roots will pull nutes out of the ground (if there are any there, which there should be some natural nutes).

Well of corse you can plants grow off nature all the time, but using nutes wether organic or not is always better for your plants.

Here's an example for you. Growing garlic, you can dig a little hole in hard dirt, plant the clove and you will get a quarter sized bulb next spring. Loosen up the soil a foot down and a foot diameter circle. Add compost, coffee grounds and a little nutes. Next spring, you get a 2-3" bulb. It's all about the prep. Laziness gets you grams in the mj world, effort gets you ounces.

yea i understand but i am going out of town for a couple months thats y i asked that question

Now I've nere heard that one before?? What do u mean by "Compost coffee"???

What did you add to the soil before planting your plants?
Some people add Compost, Coffee grounds , sand ,and perlite to loosen the soils and add nute. This is conditioning or preping the soil for planting.

I didn't mean compost coffee. It's compost and coffee grounds. Using a garden fork, loosen up the soil 2 forks deep, mix all the good stuff in the hole. prince, 2 months away is far too long for an mj plant to go without water and love from you.

i have a little more research myself to do on nutes before my first grow, but i plan on mixing up some compost, sand, and perlite for each of my ladies. each will have their own special hole. also, i'll probably water them four or five times a week; everything grows better with more water and its pretty hard to overwater anything. i would highly recommend reading the first sticky post at the top of the "outdoor growing" forum. it talks all about guerrilla growing which are important skills you need if you plan on going outdoors. just do a lot of reading and good luck!

smokin427 it is very easy to over water plants if there is poor drainage where the plant is at

thats why im mixing up my soil with sand. its in a pretty dry area that doesn't get soggy so i think i should work well...but watering four or five times a week wont kill a plant, will it?

It will if the soil doesn't drain, like growing in pure clay. But, adding sand makes it drain well. Sounds like you are on the right path.

Latest posts

Back