Over watering? Need help please!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrowNintheVille

Reaction score
I got these clones from a dispensary( Live in WA with medical green card) after the first night the green crack began to curl up and bend the leaves. The next morning I noticed the Alaskan TF began to slightly curl and turn yellow on a leaf and white(almost spray paint marks) on the end of the fingers of one leaf.
for the first two days in the room the 1k MH was approx 2 feet above plant, today was moved to three and half. I was watering twice daily with evaporated tap water and balances ph. Along with the temp in the air averaging 90f while light was on. I adjusted room setup and air circulation the average temp is now 78-80f still a little high but better. I haven't watered them in 30 hours, don't plan on it for a few days yet. I transplanted them to a bigger container with dry fresh soil. Can anyone verify what is causing my plants to droop and curl like this?

Some pics would help......... over watering does cause leaves to curl......... but over heating can cause issues as well......... imo 3.5 feet is to far for your plants to be away from the light....... can cause tall streatchy plants instead of shorter bushy ones......... what size containers are your plants in.......... a container to large for the plant can cause it to stay wet for to long for mj's required wet to dry cycle......... what type soil and nutrients are you using?

In extreme cases of over watering you can remove the plant from the pot and let the roots air dry for several hours... It isn't easy to do with out hurting the plant, but i have done it on other plants. Green mojo..And a pic would help us out a lot.

It sounds like you have a combination of possible problems happening. First, the 1kw light being very close right away can over-dry and stress the plants, especially if you don't have good and proper ventilation to remove the considerable amount of heat that the 1K puts out. That said, I don't think being at 24" is too close (unless you don't have proper ventilation).
Second, 90f temps in an enclosed grow space is too hot and will certainly cause over-drying of the plants (except in natural environments). Mid to upper 70s is best unless using CO2 enhancement, then mid 80s is better.
Third, can most certainly be overwatering them. In soil medium you only need to water when the soil begins to get dry. This can be once a day in small containers or once every 3-4 days in large containers. This problem can also occur if your soil is too dense and doesn't allow much needed oxygen to get down to the roots. This situation literally drowns the plant.

Another possibility here is that your medium is too hot with nutrients and is burning up the plants. I have had this happen with fresh clones being set in too rich of soil and it literally cooked them to death.

With that I ask, what soil are you using and is it very dense where it packs down around the plant when wet or does it seem to stay a little more fluffy and allow the water to soak in quickly? Does it have lots off pearlite in it? Is it a prenuted soil like miracle grow or osmocoat soil?

Latest posts

Back