pc light question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fathead

Reaction score
Ok so I'm gonna start my 1st micro/pc grow
using 3clf,2pc fans one intake one exhaust and some plastic coffee pots for this.im only gonna grow two due to space limits. My question is should I veg for 2/3 wks or go straight to 12/12 of course I'm gonna due lst or scrog.thank yall in advance.

Oh I'm using bag seed at 1st just to get an idea of how it will go. And a soil mix.just so yall know thanks.

veg them-unless they are auto-flowering-you got bagseed so more than likely not. The plant needs to go through veg cycle, then it will show alternating nodes-thats when I switch to 12/12.
How big is PC cab?

:48:

ODF

How large is your pc case? I doubt that you are going to have space to lst or scrog as your footprint is probably quite small. The purpose of lst and scrog is not only to keep the plants short, but to spread them out over a wider area--you will not have that much space in a pc case.

This is an awfully tough way to grow--why are you using such a small space?

Its 22in tall 20in long and 5in deep. And thanks for the response. Have you done any pc or micro grows? And if so do you have any advice. I've done alot of reading but anything is helpful.

I had to move over five states away and had to sell or trash my indoor and outdoor grows this yr. Now I have limited area due to having to move in a hurry and not finding anything but a trailer to rent. Lost over 30 girls this yr and alot of money.

I am sorry, but, no, I have no experience with micro grows. When I spend 4-5 months taking a plant from seed or clone to harvest, I personally really need to see some kind of yield.

Sorry for your misfortune. Keep your eyes open for good buys. I have found some killer deals just be watching CL, E-Bay, and going to local yard and storage unit sales. If you are handy, you can make stuff.

fathead,
I've never done pc grow either.I have a 3x3x5 tent that I grow in-well its put up now cause I had to move too-and now some of the people that come around the house because they are family and they are not trustworthy so I am working on back room so it can be locked and secured and fire safe.
Im thinking there are some sections on pc grows or there is a grower here whos done that-might do a search.
And like The Hemp Goddess says, be on the lookout for stuff-you would be shocked by how many times ive heard people say "make it disappear for me!!"

Keep it Green!!

:48:

ODF

Ok thanks for the help yall. I've decided to move up to a slitly bigger cabinet on wheels. Its 32in tall 26in deep and 20in wide its white do yall think I should line it with mylar cuz I have some left over from my two pc case.probly just put it on the top or make mobile reflector with some.im still gonna use the PC for starting after I get my stuff going and move them over to the cab. I got some ONA for odor control. Anyone use this before? Can't wait to get some beans in the soil and post some pics.

That is going to be a lot easier to deal with. However, you are most likely also going to need more light and better ventilation. I doubt that Ona is going to deal with odors unless you have a very low odor plant.

I have never seen anyone make the Comp case thingy work for them. I have seen a few start out that way,,but had to change to a bigger box everytime. Your yield would not be worth your time in a Comp case.

Dang I've talk to folks who swear by it. Well at least it was free. And as for the light Wally world has some 10in t5 grow light sets and im gonna grab a few of those for the sides. And a few more cfl's . And still looking for a small inline fan. Thanks for the advice yall.

With a cabinet that is almost 4 sq ft, you might want to look into a HPS. You are going to need a chunk of CFLs to light your space. For instance, if you are using 23w CFLs that put out 1400 lumens, you are going to need 13 of them--a bit over 18,000 lumens using 300W. A 250W HPS will give you about 28,000 lumens, use less electricity, penetrate better, give you more bud, and emit less heat. I would forget the small T5s for side lighting. I doubt a small inline fan will keep things cool unless it is a centrifuge type fan (and those aren't really small).

I know the lights are gonna be way less than I need but it's fall here and moneys tight so im just looking to get by with maybe an oz or two I know im looking at a bad set up but I got to get settled and if I can get a 20$ op going until Feb. When cash is right again I'll be happy. Just need to get some personal my shoulder and back can't wait till then to get up and running.
by and the meds they got me on kick my arse.lol

Sorry, but unless you can get more light, I don't see you getting an ounce or 2 out of this. It truly does take more than a few CFLs to get a pot plant to maturity. In addition, this is a process that is going to take 4 months or so. Personally, when I put that much time and effort into something, I want to get something out of it in the end. What you put into this will definitely determine what you get out of it.

Ok so all 4 of my seeds popped up last night. Surprised me cuz only been in soil for two days and a glass of water for 24hrs prior.looking very green and healthy. Raised to about 2in away from the lights to reduce stretch.

hmmm pc grows are always an interesting site can't wait to see what will come out of this one

Latest posts

Back