Perfecting My Veg Box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
Soooooo I decided to change my veg box, for a few reasons.
The fish tank I was using was leaking a ton of light, getting hot as hell(due to condensation) and over it was just an eyesore and a pain in the ***.

So, I went back to my original veg-box, it's basically an oldschool end table, with a big two paneled swing door. Tomorrow I am going to get some paint and do the insides white. Should I go with a semi-gloss or or matte. I don't know which one is the most reflective.
I'm going to wire up a PC fan for some space efficient airflow.

Basically right now there is a 42 watt CFL over a nearly two week old and a 20 watt blue natural light CFL over a sprout(heard blue tones increase female chances)
Got another 42 watt CFL to put in tomorrow after I put in that fan in, too hot in there otherwise, don't wanna cook em.

I cut the bottom out of the end table and gave it an extra 4 inches to grow in there, the planters are kinda sitting snug in the centre of the hole.
With some sanding and adjusting is should be able to veg 3 plants in good sized planters.

Little bit of light leaking out the bottom, not a huge issue, gives off a night light kinda vibe, good for watching movies and helps walking to bed after the light are all out.

Anyways, hope you guys think it's neat, basically just sits in the living room all day with the door open to get that precious Co2 :)

IMG000048.jpg

IMG000049.jpg

Looks and sounds great. ;) What are the temps when you have the door shut?

Well with the help of that fan I made from your DIY temps are 77 with the door closed. The way the door cloes there is still roughly a 1 cm gap at the top and bottom to let heat escape.

The fish tank was just trapping air and was leaking a lot of light out the top because it had to be left wide open basically to disapate heat. Teamps were creeping up 83 when the room temperature went up.

Tomorrow it willl be rigged up as an intake fan, sucking precious CO2 from the living room into the box. And soon after I will seal and latch the door after I get another small one for exhaust near the top. Thanks again TBG, big help, you got me all excited about this set-up again.

Can't wait to see the progress :)

Hello Trent :)

Looking great :aok:

Flat white paint is needed.

The light leak at the moment isnt a problem, but it will be when you put them into flower though ;)

Thanks my man, and thanks for pointing out the flat white, I looked it up and will be grabbing some tomorrow buddy.

That's just gonna be my veg box. Gonna begin making a Flower box in the near future with a 400 watt HPS in there and the same CPU fan set up as in the veg because I am loving it that much. :)
Flower box will be sealed nicely.

Hopefully on my way to a constant harvest :)

look good... didn't think of that but if I was ya.. I would prefer to have latch to lock it up.. maybe some guest would cup their hands and take some peek on your grow box lol

Well I got the fan mounted in there. It's a tad bit loud, but I can live with it until I find a couple quieter ones.

Painted the inside walls and ceiling a flat white, ran out of paint so I will have to to one more coat, but it's better than the aluminum foil tat was in there before, seems a lot brighter, that's for sure.

What do ya's think?

IMG000050.jpg

Latest posts

Back