Pesticides

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STW

Reaction score
I am starting to set up a grow in my basement. The basement is about 3 years old. I noticed spider webs and egg sacs around the perimeter. Also places in the corners are slighly damp.

Should I pretreat the area by spraying pesticides?

If so, what type of pesticde/insecticde is recommended?

Also what is the best method to protect against possible molds other then proper temp/humidity/ventilation?

Thanks

Spider eggs are harmless to your plants. Best advice I can give you is just clean the grow area thoroughly. No reason to use pesticides. Just makes sure the area is clean. Do you live in a tropic zone?

Reactions: STW
I live in snow covered Mich......How about spider mites?....are they common in my area? Any prevention needed?

Thanks for the response

i also live in mi, and i have yet to see a spider mite.knock on wood.

Reactions: STW
Thanks Guys.....

Sounds like less work then I thought.

I dont think spider mites work in the cold late summer early fall and then they hibernate

I'm also in MI. I grow down below. And over the summer I had a big mite fight! But I won in the end!

Man the best thing i've ever cleaned my indoor veg areas with is tilex or a mold and mildew cleaner..spray it on the walls and especially window seals or any access point to the room you want to clear away any spider webs and their eggs. then with a very stiff brush scrub it...then use a pliable brush and scrub it...then i just wiped it down one more time and applied kilz paint they even make a white that's pretty good for reflection :)...any spiders in that room are gone :p but then you can pesticide the other parts of the walls for further prevention for the future when they will be ready for war again :)

by doing that method i've had very few and minor at that spider mite cases. also you can looa

Latest posts

Back