pH is Changing by Itself

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChatNoir

Reaction score
Today I have bought pH Down from a local store and tested it. It works fine though after a while colour of liquid returns to blue (pH 7) it happened both with vinegar and with pH Down.

I wonder if anyone can give me insight about what is happening?

I am using Red Cabbage pH indicator.

Maybe your ph indicator needs to be calibrated (just kidding). I think that you might want to check the ph with a regular ph meter for water to see if the red cabbage indicator is working correctly. While vinegar can break down fairly quickly, ph down should keep the ph of the water stable for awhile.

I guess I have found the problem, chemicals in water acting as a buffer changing pH back to its base levels... Article that says pH will fluctuate as I add chemicals and in the end will stabilise then drop to the level I have set my pH levels...

I have no clue how it will react when water meets soil, I have set pH back to 7, and I will set it tomorrow as well as it fluctuates then it should suddenly stabilise and then drop below 7...

Latest posts

Back